Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

On 9/14/2019 at 2:46 PM, Alli said:

MI: F  trailer- 35M views.   TG2 - 25M  views.    

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/lists/hollywood-s-top-25-marketing-masterminds-2019-1255385/item/hollywood-s-top-25-marketing-masterminds-asad-ayaz-1255387

Weinstock and Daily crafted a campaign for Rocketman that took full advantage of its living subject and executive producer Elton John. The R-rated musical grossed $195.2 million worldwide to become one of the most successful biopics of all time and a bright spot for the studio in a year when Gemini Man and Terminator: Dark Fate failed to resonate. Looking ahead, a trailer for Top Gun: Maverick garnered major traction, earning 200 million views in the first week, and a spot for the redesigned Sonic the Hedgehog scored the highest like-to-dislike ratio of any studios trailer in the last three years in its first 24 hours, and drove the strongest levels of positive sentiment overseas that Paramount has seen in the past two years.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HesAPooka said:

Listened to a podcast with Tom Cruise's old stuntman from the 90's and he said that he heard they didn't even bother getting costumes for Cruise's stuntman in Maverick cause Cruise was just going to do everything himself.

Hail Xenu the Magnificent for he Will Give You Special Skills in life.

4 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

This is funny because if you asked me what three movies i expect to flop next year, it would be exactly those three..

Seriously, those numbers are irrelevant because Sonic had a lot of drama and the other two have trailers for a while

23 hours ago, Alli said:

This is funny because if you asked me what three movies i expect to flop next year, it would be exactly those three..

Seriously, those numbers are irrelevant because Sonic had a lot of drama and the other two have trailers for a while

Seem almost impossible for Bird of Pray to flop.

Studio movies wise, Dolittle, Underwater, Dune, BadBoy, Godzilla vs Kong, The New Mutant (if it ever get a release), Artemis Fowl, The Last Duel, Deep Water, well most release seem more likely to flop than an popular already established Super Hero entry.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Seem almost impossible for Bird of Pray to flop.

Studio movies wise, Dolittle, Underwater, Dune, BadBoy, Godzilla vs Kong, The New Mutant (if it ever get a release), Artemis Fowl, The Last Duel, Deep Water, well most release seem more likely to flop than an popular already established Super Hero entry.

Production Budget for BOP is 90M i believe. This doesn't include the post production, right? The VFX and all that stuff..

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

Production Budget for BOP is 90M i believe. This doesn't include the post production, right? The VFX and all that stuff..

When talking about a movie production budget it does include all the post production and VFX usually, and the budget allocated for reshoot that they often have (some director like Nolan/Aronofsky achieve to get more money for their movie principal photography by now having that window).

It would be extremely shocking for BoP to go under 250M WW

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Barnack said:

When talking about a movie production budget it does include all the post production and VFX usually, and the budget allocated for reshoot that they often have (some director like Nolan/Aronofsky achieve to get more money for their movie principal photography by now having that window).

It would be extremely shocking for BoP to go under 250M WW

250m for that budget is ok, but expectations are way bigger