Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=31876

can it take down Frozen? may be a popular stocking stuffer

Blu-ray Sales: December 11-17: Top Gun: Maverick Gets to Seven Weeks on Top    

For the week that ended on December 10th, Paramount Home Media Distribution's Top Gun: Maverick topped both the the Blu-ray-only and overall packaged media charts for the seventh week in a row, the longest since Walt Disney Home Entertainment's Frozen, which was on top for eight consecutive weeks back in 2014.

1 hour ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=31876

can it take down Frozen? may be a popular stocking stuffer

All I know is I can't find it anywhere in the area I live. I don't like ordering off Amazon because I'm a collector and like to make sure I buy copies with the slip covers. No guarantees on that front when you order online.

" As someone who worked on Mission:Impossible movies and have friends who worked on TG:Maverick, I'm fuckin' FURIOUS!!!. This is always been the case on every TC movie but this is now on a different level. Outright banning VFX studios on advertising their work on the film? What the actual F***?

We worked our asses off to deliver a seamless, near perfect CG for these movies only to be swept under the rug and being denied of existence online and in press cause GOD FORBID everyday Joe realise that Mr Cruise didn't actually do ALL of those stunts. And I would bet all my money this all comes from him. One phone call and VFX is a banned term. It's just a massive egotrip.

I watched countless plates of TC on all fours shaking his head so compers can use that for head replacement with stunt riders, I've seen those crazy truck rigs that end in a hydraulicly controlled BMW motorbike so he can claim that he rode that in those corners up in the mountains without wearing a helmet. I've witnessed those dailies sessions (and had my jaw dropped on the floor) of PIXEL PERFECT digi doubles of Tom Cruise. And of course those digi doubles had their fair share of screen time. I'm so fucking fed up with this bullshit treatment.

By the way Top Gun Maverick was such a disappointment. It was just a massive TC egotrip. “He’s the fastest fighter alive.” yuck..... The only thing worth mentioning was exactly the VFX. The explosions, the dogfights, those seamless, gorgeous comps, everything was spot on. It was so well done, pretty much nothing caught my eye for the first viewing and I'm in this industry for over two decades now...

We really need our ME TOO movement for VFX otherwise one day we're not even gonna be on 
the credits anymore."

I told you from the very first day to my friends and relatives that this all Tom Cruise doing all these stunts and real on camera shooting is bullshit. But after the Oscar VFX bake off night, the naked truth is out for everyone to see.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

Joseph Kosinski is overly sidelined from the praise. Tom Cruise no doubt get most coverage but I just realised Kosiniski isn't producer so his name isn't on Best Picture ballot like TC and neither he has writing credit for best adapted screenplay nomination. This is worse than Denis Villeneuve because at least Denis get some credit as producer and writer for Dune.

11 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Joseph Kosinski is overly sidelined from the praise. Tom Cruise no doubt get most coverage but I just realised Kosiniski isn't producer so his name isn't on Best Picture ballot like TC and neither he has writing credit for best adapted screenplay nomination. This is worse than Denis Villeneuve because at least Denis get some credit as producer and writer for Dune.

Yeah, unfortunately it happens. Ridley Scott didn't win Best Picture Oscar for Gladiator because he wasn't a producer on it. But at least Kosinski was nominated for DGA, for what it's worth.

13 hours ago, filmlover said:

lol even making up with Spielberg (after years of rumors of a fallout between them following the War of the Worlds press tour debacle). Official confirmation everyone loves the Cruise Missile again.

There’s no actual truth to those rumors

Congrats to TGM for winning the Best Sound Oscar!

TGM deserved more, but its out of this world reception and being one of the most unexpected Billie movies ever is reward enough. Just reread the first few pages of this topic!

THE BOTTOM LINE

The movie had a 21-day theatrical window before arriving on Paramount+ and Epix on December 22, with global revenues here worth $170M. Home entertainment at $250M is rich given that the movie held high digital price rates (between $20-$25) for a lengthy period, having landed on platforms on August 23. The pic in its first week became one of the top 20 best-selling digital releases in history after being available for only one week. The $280M in participations include for Kosinski, McQuarrie, Bruckheimer and certainly Cruise. Cruise landed what sources call an old-fashioned movie star deal, one of the best in history. While some tell us it’s well north of $100M, others tell us it’s double that of his best payday on Mission: Impossible, which would get him to $200M. Essentially, $12.5M against 10% of first-dollar gross with escalators that trigger when the movie hits certain box office benchmarks. The net profit of $391.1M is shared among Paramount, Skydance and New Republic.

Edited by Mojoguy