Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

8 hours ago, John Marston said:

this movie will likely have real jets and not CGI. One reason to look forward to it

Depends if the Pentagon knows or thinks  America will enter into a proper war somewhere in the next five years.

Empires need wars to sustain themselves.

On 05/07/2017 at 12:03 AM, Telehilation said:

This is my birthday movie. 

Not sure how I feel about that. :lol:  I suppose there are worse choices. 

On 05/07/2017 at 12:26 AM, That One Guy said:

My birthday movie this year: The Circle.

Damn your birthday movies suck. Im born on December 18th, i have the best birthday movies. Avatar, Lotr trilogy, star wars, titanic. What do i have this year?

Wonder how far the Pentagon will be involved in this one.

The first movie was the reason Michael Bay has been allowed to play with the US army supplies for the last 20 years.

Edited by The Futurist

1 minute ago, The Futurist said:

Wonder how far the Pentagon will be involved in this one.

Really curious how they will approach it in the current better not have a state as the enemy to hurt some market but they are the only one with jet fighter challenge.

18 hours ago, TMP said:

Is this movie the reason the Cruise Missile's not in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood:(

I'd guess he didn't want to play a stuntman. Some younger people already see him as just an action star and that would just add to it.

1 minute ago, HesAPooka said:

I'd guess he didn't want to play a stuntman. Some younger people already see him as just an action star and that would just add to it.

That's ridiculous.

I don't think he ever was in talks for the tarantino movie. The initial reports said Pitt had the role and in the end he was confirmed. Plus it wouldn't make sense for cruise to play DiCaprio's double. They look nothing alike. Brad Pitt i can see it. Imo Brad pitt had the role from the get go. his involvement was never in question.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Alli said:

That's ridiculous.

I don't think he ever was in talks for the tarantino movie. The initial reports said Pitt had the role and in the end he was confirmed. Plus it wouldn't make sense for cruise to play DiCaprio's double. They look nothing alike. Brad Pitt i can see it. Imo Brad pitt had the role from the get go. his involvement was never in question.

That's ridiculous

Just now, John Marston said:

with no cast and production started yet it looks like a delay to 2020 would not surprise me

If they start in august, it can be ready for next year. BOND is starting production in december for release next year. it can be done.

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 2:41 AM, StevenG said:

Interesting.

I hope that the reception/quality of this long-gestating sequel to an iconic film is more Mad Max: Fury Road than Basic Instinct: Risk Addiction. 

I am hoping this will be a bit more realistic about what life in the Miliatry is like then the first film. In the real Navy, anybody who did half the crap that Maverick did would be grounded permanently, very quickly. I enjoyed Top Gun, but had to snicker at that..at most people who served in the military did.

The bit where he booms the office, deliberlty disobeying a direct order from his C.O, alone would be enough to cost you your wings.

Of course this could be plot point..now Maverick is in charge of disciplining the young pilots.