Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

As long as it finishes with an 81 or above in metacritic i'm happy

Edited by interiorgatordecorator
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tarintino said:

Thats a worry. Hopefull this is better

Wait a minute do you want to imply with that that MMFR isnt a masterpiece?

Because it is literally the perfect action movie. Easily one of the best films of the 21st century so far.

• Like 7

These reviews will give the presales a big push, i reckon. People who were maybe on the fence for this because they wanted to know if it is a worthy follow-up to the original have no reason to hesitate now.

16 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

Wait a minute do you want to imply with that that MMFR isnt a masterpiece?

Because it is literally the perfect action movie. Easily one of the best films of the 21st century so far.

Mad Max has to be the most critically overrated action movie of all time. Critics loved it, audience kinda liked it. I'm with audiences, it was ok but after that first hour it runs low on gas. It wasnt even one of the years best movies. I liked the colours though I guess

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Tarintino said:

Mad Max has to be the most critically overrated action movie of all time. Critics loved it, audience kinda liked it. I'm with audiences, it was ok but after that first hour it runs low on gas. It wasnt even one of the years best movies. I liked the colours though I guess

One of the worst opinions ive read in a long time :sadno:

• Like 1

We knew from the reactions reviews would be great, but I do expect this will create even more hype and box office potential is huge. With the Fury Road comparisons, I completely get them but I think Fury Road will stand the test of time a little better in the cinephile world. I admitedly have not even watched the first Top Gun and don't know much about what this movie does but Fury Road was a criticial darling because it was both a ridiculously fun and incredibly staged action setpiece but it was also very thematic with just the right amount of simplicity and ambiguity to be unlikely Oscar worthy cinema that will be studied for decades. I don't think I can see Top Gun: Maverick being a consensus pick for best movie of the decade on Metacritic but I'm happy that it's had success with critics, fans and likely audience and box office. I for one am looking forward to watching it. It has been a while since I watched a huge blockbuster in theatres that I actually really enjoyed. 

19 minutes ago, Brainbug the Dinosaur said:

One of the worst opinions ive read in a long time :sadno:

Calling it 'easily' one of the best movies of tbe 21st century is a far worse opinion. It was boring. I remember hyping it up to everyone only to have to apologise to all the friends I convinced to watch it with me. They've never let that one go.

Its visually pretty I guess but lets not pretend its some sort of masterpiece. Its a shitter 'Speed'

10 minutes ago, John Marston said:

I genuinely feel the time is right for a legacy sequel to The Color of Money.

Like the first movie had Jackie Gleeson and Paul Newman, and the second had Paul Newman and Tom Cruise, the next one can have Cruise passing the torch to Michael B Jordan or someone.

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Curios about the New York critics. I don't think  it screened for them yet. I don't see any reviews from The New Yorker, NYP....

It screened this week for New York critics. Could be waiting for closer to release to get the reviews out.

• Like 1