Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

Shortly after the post, however, Kilmer updated his Facebook post and said he had been premature in making the announcement: “This is a long way off so calm down. This has been talked about for a long long time and being offered a role is very different from doing a role. I jumped the gun with my post. I jumped the topgun… An innocent mistake. It was just such a wonderful phone call with my agent…”

Someone wants more money lol

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 11:32 AM, Ranger Tree said:

Top Gun was known for being a very serious and accurate war film.

It's a fun film but serious and accurate???????????????????

In the real  Navy, Anybody who pulled half the crap that Maverick did would be grounded...permantely.

12 minutes ago, HesAPooka said:

Someone wants more money lol

Sorry but someone as out of shape as Kilmer pretending he is a pilot would be laughed off the screen.

Man,talk about an actor who had it all then blew it....

3 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

people will underestimate this, even 3d release did very respectable a couple years ago , while T2 3d did horribly

Terminator didn't do too good.  But Top Gun 3d did ok-ish but not anything spectacular like Jrassic Park 3d

Jurassic Park 3D

Domestic Total Gross: $45,385,935

Top Gun 3D

Domestic Total Gross: $3,018,873

17 hours ago, dudalb said:

Sorry but someone as out of shape as Kilmer pretending he is a pilot would be laughed off the screen.

Man,talk about an actor who had it all then blew it....

turns out the quote was from months ago anyways. that's what I get for believing shit posted on reddit.

Kilmer and Cruise in my city right now? The best film ever filmed in San Diego (minus Traffic) gets its icon(s) back. I hope to see the dude at a local beach this summer. Preferably playing volleyball.

PS: Will they pimp this out at Comic Con? Not exactly Comic Con material, but Cruise will be in the area per work. Maybe some early promotional stuff going on?

Edited by ThePhasmid

18 hours ago, John Marston said:

Who said he he would still be a pilot?

Your're right. I should have said Military Officer.

When' the last time you saw a fat military officer in real life. Even if you are older, you are expected to keep in good shape. Kilmer looks like he five minutes away from a heart attack. The GA might not know much, but they know a military guy is supposed to be in shape.

Cruise I can easily buy as an older officer, Kilmer not in a million years.

I know it might be too topical for what might be a highly stylized and slick piece of semi-jingoistic entertainment, but I'd like for them to comment on jet pilots vs. drone pilots. It kind of reminds me of a scene in Skyfall between Q and Bond. "Every now and then a trigger has to be pulled." "Or not pulled. It's hard to know which in your pajamas."

Edited by ThePhasmid

8 minutes ago, ThePhasmid said:

I know it might be too topical for what might be a highly stylized and slick piece of semi-jingoistic entertainment, but I'd like for them to comment on jet pilots vs. drone pilots. It kind of reminds me of a scene in Skyfall between Q and Bond. "Every now and then a trigger has to be pulled." "Or not pulled. It's hard to know which in your pajamas."

I understand that is a major plot point.

15 hours ago, Alli said:

Terminator didn't do too good.  But Top Gun 3d did ok-ish but not anything spectacular like Jrassic Park 3d

Jurassic Park 3D

Domestic Total Gross: $45,385,935

Top Gun 3D

Domestic Total Gross: $3,018,873

Jurassic Park 3D got true wide release 2,771 theaters
Top Gun 3D was basically 1 week release at 300 theaters

16 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

Nice. On the topic of drones, Kosinski created one of the coolest drones committed to cinema in Oblivion. Arguably the best character(s) in the film.

Though in this film, he needs to be more realistic....