Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

You would read interviews Tony Scott gave about the glaring difference between his first artsy fartsy movie that was aimed at the festival crowd and Top Gun and you would swear I wispered to him every single word.

Tony was one of the good guys.

Bless him.

Edited by The Futurist

7 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

paul newman - tom cruise in the color of money = tom cruise - glen powell in this. let's christen the next big movie star. 30 years of dominance coming up!

But then we have to wait 30 years for Powell to get his Oscar.

13 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Teller must have a hell of an agent or something to even still be getting his name in contention for these kinds of parts anymore. Wish he'd just go away. 

Why? He's a great actor.  Probably the only young male in Hollywood with some screen charisma and actual acting ability.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

14 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Teller must have a hell of an agent or something to even still be getting his name in contention for these kinds of parts anymore. Wish he'd just go away. 

He may not have the best reputation as a person but he's still a very good actor who makes very good film choices for the most part. Only the Brave and Thank You for Your Service should've gotten more attention (a lot more, in the former's case) than they did last year.

And yes, Glen Powell would perfect for this.

30 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i don't even like top gun so powell vs. hoult/teller is the difference between me spending a year stanning for this and me bitterly hating on it.

None of their Wikipedia pages will be safe unless they #PickPowell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HesAPooka said:

Why? He's a great actor.  Probably the only young male in Hollywood with some screen charisma and actual acting ability.

If by charisma you mean douchey arrogance, then sure. His real life personality comes through in all of his performances, which is fine for something like Whiplash where the role call for it. But he keeps coming up for these charming, charismatic leading man roles, and that's an absolute joke. Which is why he's not getting any of them. Still, I wish his name would stop being tossed around so I can stop worrying he is gonna actually land one of them and ruin said movie. 

Top Gun is one of the most influential movie of all time because it gave us Michael Bay in two ways :

- thanks to the movie itself, Bay is s child of Tony Scott in many ways stylistically.

- Top Gun started the great relationship between Jerry Bruckheimer and the US military, which allowed Bay to have the phone number of a high ranked official in the Pentagone always ready & willing to lend Bay the US army brand new stoys to be shown in glorious ways in Michael Bay movies.

Listening to Michael Bay s audio commentaries of his films is a life lesson that make you a better man,

and woman.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, HesAPooka said:

Though I don't agree he is alone in the charisma department, he is a great actor.