Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

45 days is crazy for a movie this big. it's not that it would have made much money after 45 days, but people will expect to see it in their homes fast so they will not bother with cinema. Par must have lost a fortune already on this with all the delays

Edited by Maggie

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

45 days is crazy for a movie this big. it's not that it would have made much money after 45 days, but people will expect to see it in their homes fast so they will not bother with cinema. Par must have lost a fortune already on this with all the delays

I'm not sure why Variety included Top Gun 2 here, since they clearly stated at the presentation that this was a title that was sticking with a 90 day window before Paramount+. AQP2, Paw Patrol, and M:I7 are the only ones mentioned for 45 days before P+ so far.

1 hour ago, datpepper said:

I'm not sure why Variety included Top Gun 2 here, since they clearly stated at the presentation that this was a title that was sticking with a 90 day window before Paramount+. AQP2, Paw Patrol, and M:I7 are the only ones mentioned for 45 days before P+ so far.

oh ok. that's better.

I think Par should move TG2 a week earlier

On 2/24/2021 at 8:42 PM, Maggie said:

This tweet still confuses me

They will go theatrical for at least 45 days, then EPIX exclusively for 30-45 days, then Paramount+.   

That's what this tweet is indicating...though every trade and website seem to have a different impression.  

What happens to 'No Time to Die' and other MGM titles is also up for debate, as MGM is tied to EPIX.  

Edited by Macleod

46 minutes ago, Macleod said:

They will go theatrical for at least 45 days, then EPIX exclusively for 30-45 days, then Paramount+.   

That's what this tweet is indicating...though every trade and website seem to have a different impression.  

What happens to 'No Time to Die' and other MGM titles is also up for debate, as MGM is tied to EPIX.  

But if TG2 premieres this summer (i very much doubt it), then why it would take until next year to premiere on Par+? Plus, why would TG2 premiere on EPIX first? I think this 45 days deal is not for TG2

Edited by Maggie

2 minutes ago, Maggie said:

But if TG2 premieres this summer (i very much doubt it), then why it would take until next year to premiere on Par+? Plus, why would TG2 premiere on EPIX first? I think this 45 days deal is not for TG2

Good question.  This "announcement" is unclear in that sense...unless they're pushing TG2 back to Christmas...again.  

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

How will they release this with so many big movies released around the same time? F9 and BW. How will it work with social distancing?

not well for indie films, at least in America all theaters will probably be at least 75% capacity , so non issue. F9 is not really much bigger than Venom domestically and BW is a vod release, so capacity will be less of an issue

• Like 1