Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

14 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Tom , Jennifer & Miles on Graham Norton Show tomorrow 

It won't be shown because of Prince Phillip's death.

BBC One and BBC Two have now suspended all non-news programming for the rest of the day.

Edit. it was Postponed to Monday

Edited by Maggie

2 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

zero chance, it goes to Par+ , if anything it will be a hybrid release

I removed that part. Let's wait. the news is about to drop apparently. i wonder what the new date is. december? or the MI7 spot

Edited by Maggie

We can tell you first that Top Gun: Maverick‘s is leaving its July 2 weekend for Nov. 19, taking over the release date where Paramount/Skydance’s other Tom Cruise sequel Mission: Impossible 7 resides. Meanwhile, Mission: Impossible 7 will now open on May 27, 2022, Memorial Day weekend

Edited by Maggie

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

So Eternals, Ghostbusters, and this over the course of three weeks. Maybe Sony will send Ghostbusters to 2022 since Halloween is packed and that way the pay TV rights for it will be with Netflix.

McKenna and Finn are gonna be ancient once 2022 rolls around lol

1 minute ago, tonytr87 said:

Odd move given last weekend's results. Unless something changes big-time with the pandemic, in all likelihood things are only going to get throughout the summer.

The situation in Europe and Latin America is a disaster and this movie needs OS to recoup its huge budget

2 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

Odd move given last weekend's results. Unless something changes big-time with the pandemic, in all likelihood things are only going to get throughout the summer.

I honestly think the main reason was because of IMAX exclusivity. The film used IMAX cameras, so Par probably wanted to have at least two weeks of play time. And since Black Widow was coming out a week later, that would have made things tricky.

2 hours ago, Maggie said:

The situation in Europe and Latin America is a disaster and this movie needs OS to recoup its huge budget

The situation in Europe is not a disaster and nowhere close to the situation in Latin America. The EU is expected to reach herd immunity by July 14, France vaccinated almost 1 million people in 2 days so things greatly accelerated and it's gonna accelerate even further.

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

On 4/9/2021 at 11:17 PM, Fullbuster said:

The situation in Europe is not a disaster and nowhere close to the situation in Latin America. The EU is expected to reach herd immunity by July 14, France vaccinated almost 1 million people in 2 days so things greatly accelerated and it's gonna accelerate even further.

No way, the EU is achieving herd immunity by July. I can only talk about Germany, but we're way behind with vaccinations. We haven't even vaccinated every person of the highest priority category (age >80). Our chancellor announced recently that adults of the lowest priority group can get a vaccination by September and I'm not even sure, if that's realistic.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Should have went ahead and delayed it to next summer. Late fall is when infections numbers surge

why hold further , no theaters will exist then ? those at risk of death will be vaccinated by fall, people will be on their own then , things will be 100% open

Edited by Ryan Reynolds
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 10:48 AM, titanic2187 said:

From the latest arrangement, I can tell Paramount is still isn't very confident with the box office market. 

I just think the zeitgeist is not right for this film. It ain't 1986, folks.