Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

So whats Tom Cruise gonna be flying in this one?  An F-22?  An F-22 is laughably superior to anything else flying today, not just in maneuverability, its completely invisible to enemy radars.  They either got to nerf the plane for the movie or make a fictional enemy plane that can match it otherwise Tom Cruise could take out 5 enemy jets with his eyes closed.

Edited by Ozymandias

So when did Cruise turn exclusively  into an action star? What a shame...his first decades in the business did not predict this.

Who's managing him these days? Paula Wagner left no?

So many stupid decisions. It's like he's fighting for the Box office and he thinks only action movies do the trick. But it's funny...he keeps failing. 

Only action movies, remakes, reboots, sequels these days. 

Shame

He s his own boss, carving his own path.

Also I would not be surprised if some of oh so clever american auteurs and directors find him problematic right now.

So much tolerant tolerance from liberal Hollywood these days.

Just now, The Futurist said:

He s his own boss, carving his own path.

Also I would not be surprised if some of oh so clever american auteurs and directors find him problematic right now.

So much tolerant tolerance from liberal Hollywood these days.

If that's true, i'd rather he do nothing than trash like The Mummy and Top Gun 2

As someone I know recently put it, Cruise seems to be aspiring for some kind of scientology-based ideal of Superman, a human machine programmed for no other objective but ownage, in denial of aging or any other normal human concerns like that. Action movies will allow him to keep this going for a while but it'll be interesting to see how he adapts to actually hitting his mid-60s unless he dies before that performing another insane stunt or something. 

I continue to miss the Cruise who'd do Magnolia and Eyes Wide Shut in the same year. 

• Like 5

I think he's stubborn and wants that box office hit that's eluding him this past decade. But what he can't see is that the more he insists with these action movies, the more the public reject them. Why can't he see that teens make action movies hits these days and he's too old to appeal to them. He needs to do movie that appeal to the older audience....and they enjoy good dramas, good movies, not action junk

25 minutes ago, Alli said:

So when did Cruise turn exclusively  into an action star? What a shame...his first decades in the business did not predict this.

Who's managing him these days? Paula Wagner left no?

So many stupid decisions. It's like he's fighting for the Box office and he thinks only action movies do the trick. But it's funny...he keeps failing. 

Only action movies, remakes, reboots, sequels these days. 

Shame

all the old film stars are turning to action. It is a right shame because Tom Cruise is such an awesome actor and I greatly suspect hes one of few people who could actually pull off a big budget drama/thriller film and have it succeed today.

If it's any consolation, we did have American Made last year, which was much closer to his films of old.

4 minutes ago, Alli said:

I think he's stubborn and wants that box office hit that's eluding him this past decade. But what he can't see is that the more he insists with these action movies, the more the public reject them. Why can't he see that teens make action movies hits these days and he's too old to appeal to them. He needs to do movie that appeal to the older audience....and they enjoy good dramas, good movies, not action junk

He's desperate to stay young and remain the 30 year old hero he was 20 years ago.

Tom Cruise is always getting older,

He knows he'll never be that young again,

And when Tom Cruise looks back over his shoulder -

He sees a thousand younger leading men.

And he knows one day he'll have to play,

An old retarded grandpa,

While someone younger plays his sexy son.