MaxAggressor

Weekend Thread | Estimates (per DHD) ~ MR:TDC 23M, J 15.8M, H 9.8M, TGS 9.3M, TP 8.7M, 12S/DoT 7.9M, TSOW 5.7M, P2 5.5M, TLJ 4M, TBOEM 3.6M

http://deadline.com/2018/01/maze-runner-death-cure-weekend-box-office-1202269925/

20th Century Fox’s The Maze Runner: Death Cure, the last picture in the YA feature trilogy, got off to a $1.5M start last night at 2,860 venues. Next to its predecessors, the first Maze Runner minted $1.1M from 2,200 10PM showings back in Sept. 2014 while a year later, Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials improved upon that number with $1.7M.

• Like 4

Pretty much what I expected. Should be in the mid 20's range for the weekend. Unsurprising, but not bad.

(Though it's hilarious to me that Insidious 4 is actually gonna end up with the biggest OW of January this year, even when compared to the 4-day MLK weekend numbers. Who the hell saw that coming?)

1 minute ago, DAR said:

Seems like this was a good weekend for MR.  Though was this one delayed because of Logan Lerman's injury?

Nope. It was Dylan O'Brien.

Originally scheduled to open on Feb. 17 last year, Death Cure was delayed following O’Brien being seriously injured during filming in March 2016. Death Cure was pushed to Feb. 9 then to this weekend.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DAR said:

Seems like this was a good weekend for MR.  Though was this one delayed because of Logan Lerman's injury?

Dylan O'Brien, not Logan Lerman. Ad yes, it was originally supposed to come out February 2017 until his injury caused production to be delayed 

Edited by John Marston

10 minutes ago, a2knet said:

why should it be backloaded  considering it's a tri-quel?

no reason it should be any more backloaded than scorch trials.

I am still very doubtful of that budget btw, but I suppose a delay between production is not the same as reshooting i.e. they're not spending any more, they just stopped production for a while.

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Estimated production cost for Death Cure is around $62M which is just a tad north of what Scorch Trials cost ($61M).

could do a strong ~4x that globally:

52 dom + 38 china + 150 os-china = 240 mz3, compared to

82 dom + 30 china + 200 os-china = 312 mz2 (5x+)

have gone conservative, especially with dom, for the sake of it. shows 4x+ the prod budget is very likely.

Edited by a2knet

13 minutes ago, DAR said:

Searched for Logan Lerman - Dylan O Brien and one of the search results was a tumblr page dedicated to Andrew Garfield and Dylan O’Brien slashfic, including this

tumblr_mzo51v1B091qidf38o3_r1_250.gif

Original

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 6