MaxAggressor

Weekend Thread | Estimates (per DHD) ~ MR:TDC 23M, J 15.8M, H 9.8M, TGS 9.3M, TP 8.7M, 12S/DoT 7.9M, TSOW 5.7M, P2 5.5M, TLJ 4M, TBOEM 3.6M

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Everything about that movie screams "disaster" to me. Clint using his famous "one take only" method on those dudes who have no acting experience whatsoever, nothing could go wrong there!

It's clearly not going over 40M at this point. 30M is looking somewhat questionable too if the Oscar nominees keep it up.

12 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Sure there's the Clint pull but old people are also used to actors who can actually act

I feel terrible for Judy Greer and Jenna Fischer who have to act alongside them in a scene

• ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I feel terrible for Judy Greer and Jenna Fischer who have to act alongside them in a scene

Fuck, they're in the movie? Jenna Fischer needs a good project one of these days (Judy Greer just got POTTERSVILLE so she has a nice career boost)

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

One of my local theaters has already posted previews - you sure about this?

Every theater that's uploaded showtimes in Orlando (AMCs and the Cinemark) doesn't have any on Thursday. Probably another Geostorm where there were a few stray theaters that didn't get the memo.

Edited by WrathOfHan

2 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Okay, but we've got them here on one theater (now it's just one, but it's here)...I think you might have this wrong...

My AMC has tickets up without Thursday as well (it has the 2nd biggest auditorium FWIW). Let's see what happens to the Thursday shows at your theater

Edited by WrathOfHan

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP forecast and TCs: http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-pacific-rim-uprising-sherlock-gnomes-midnight-sun/

Pacific Rim: 20/49

Sherlock Gnomes: 12/45

Midnight Sun: 6/15

Black Panther: 133/371 (+11%)

Early Man: 5/25 (+25%)

Fifty Shades: 3,700

Peter Rabbit: 3,500

15:17 to Paris: 3,000

What even is Midnight Sun?

The rest sound right. Pacific Rim 2 is gonna bomb for sure.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My AMC has tickets up without Thursday as well (it has the 2nd biggest auditorium FWIW). Let's see what happens to the Thursday shows at your theater

It's an AMC (I don't track) that has it...

And I might note, this is also the only theater with Peter Rabbit with Thursday previews so far...

My tracked locals haven't been posting previews for smaller movies until the Tuesday of the week of release, so I wouldn't expect that to change for this one, b/c it's not the expected "blockbuster" of that weekend - 50 Shades is (and is the only movie getting previews posted pretty much in the entire area so far)...

Edited by TwoMisfits
  • Like 1

Just now, filmlover said:

Between this and the Amityville film, she's becoming the queen of those.

It's amazing how different her and Zendaya's careers went; the latter is getting blockbusters while the former is becoming trashier by the day :hahaha: 

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

It's an AMC (I don't track) that has it...

And I might note, this is also the only theater with Peter Rabbit with Thursday previews so far...

My tracked locals haven't been posting previews for smaller movies until the Tuesday of the week of release, so I wouldn't expect that to change for this one, b/c it's not the expected "blockbuster" of that weekend - 50 Shades is (and is the only movie getting previews posted pretty much in the entire area, but the big AMC, so far)...

Yeah, that AMC probably has it wrong because nobody in Central Florida has previews for Peter Rabbit and 15:17.

Edited by WrathOfHan

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP forecast and TCs: http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-forecast-pacific-rim-uprising-sherlock-gnomes-midnight-sun/

Pacific Rim: 20/49

Sherlock Gnomes: 12/45

Midnight Sun: 6/15

Black Panther: 133/371 (+11%)

Early Man: 5/25 (+25%)

Fifty Shades: 3,700

Peter Rabbit: 3,500

15:17 to Paris: 3,000

They're usually conservative with their predictions, where the hell is 371 for black panther coming from?