WrathOfHan

Doctor Sleep | November 8 2019 | Ewan McGregor is Danny | Jacob Tremblay joins

Just now, Jonwo said:

Is it because it’s being released by Warner Bros and not Disney?

I'm the guy with the Joker > $300m dom club!

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

This probably has more interest than Scary Stories which opened to 20 mil. Especially considering the fact that there are literally zero horror films between Chapter 2 and this, it can very easily breakout.

Yeah, maybe. It just feels like this film was forgotten about after the first trailer, but we'll see how the views on this go. I was expecting 45/140m at one point, but that seems too optimistic at this point. Still expecting over Dark Fate though

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

This probably has more interest than Scary Stories which opened to 20 mil. Especially considering the fact that there are literally zero horror films between Chapter 2 and this, it can very easily breakout.

This doesn't look like a horror movie tho.

3 minutes ago, TMP said:

Yeah, maybe. It just feels like this film was forgotten about after the first trailer, but we'll see how the views on this go. I was expecting 45/140m at one point, but that seems too optimistic at this point. Still expecting over Dark Fate though

It's going to perform like a normal horror film. Won't be presales driven like the It movies, The Nun, Us, and Halloween.

Just watched the trailer. Weird fucking trailer (not in a good way). Preferred the first trailer and if that terrible child actor plays a prominent role in this (seriously, WB, The Conjuring films and It have all had good child actors) film, I might not watch it. Also did Fergurson make that blonde girl evil?

3 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

It's going to perform like a normal horror film. Won't be presales driven like the It movies, The Nun, Us, and Halloween.

Just watched the trailer. Weird fucking trailer (not in a good way). Preferred the first trailer and if that terrible child actor plays a prominent role in this (seriously, WB, The Conjuring films and It have all had good child actors) film, I might not watch it. Also did Fergurson make that blonde girl evil?

Spoiler

Yep

I think it looks great, Mike Flanagan has yet to let me down with his horror films/TV shows so I have full faith in him for this. However, having read the book, anyone going into this expecting The Shining 2 is going to be disappointed. It stands as it’s own thing and doesn’t just retread old ground, which personally I see as a good thing. The Overlook obviously plays a part, but it’s much more fantastical than the straight horror of The Shining.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

find the trailer confusing, if you never saw The Shining , you may be lost what this movie is

I was going to make the same point. Horror is a young-skewing genre and a lot of them are either not very familiar with The Shining or they don't care about it. I can understand why the first trailer had to showcase the link to The Shining but the second trailer should've been about the plot of this movie with no references to the Kubrick film. This is an interesting book on its own but the only memorable things in this trailer are the scenes from The Shining.