WrathOfHan

Doctor Sleep | November 8 2019 | Ewan McGregor is Danny | Jacob Tremblay joins

On 10/9/2019 at 5:20 PM, Krissykins said:

Ahh, I did wonder when they were going to panic and hit the “Make sure everyone knows it’s a Shining sequel” button. 

I can’t see this film doing well. 

I knew they would do it after the 2nd trailer failed to take off. I am still expecting a last minute final trailer just before the OS launch on October 31 with a more Shining/horror focus instead of whatever they were trying to do with the latest trailer.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

2019 is bringing back the epic runtimes between Endgame, Midsommar, OUATIH, IT 2, Ford v Ferrari, The Irishman, and this. Safe to bet The Rise of Skywalker will be over 2.5 hours as well.

placeholder for theaters say it's 155 minutes long

final runtime will not be much different than that, for less or more

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 9:20 AM, Krissykins said:

Ahh, I did wonder when they were going to panic and hit the “Make sure everyone knows it’s a Shining sequel” button. 

I can’t see this film doing well. 

The first poster for this movie is just the word "Redrum." There hasn't been a moment where they weren't leaning hard into THE SHINING.

• Like 2

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 9:10 PM, DAR said:

I’m actually reading the Shining for the first time. Likely will read this too

IMHO the novel 'The Shining ' is better then the movie. The film is definently lesser Kubrick.

I think the film will do normal horror movie business,something like Pet Semitary. I think the success of the It films is not going to carry over to other King novel adaptations.

People forget that "It" was the first screen version of a King novel to do big business in a long time. For a while,they were joking about  "this week's flop version of a King novel".