WrathOfHan

Doctor Sleep | November 8 2019 | Ewan McGregor is Danny | Jacob Tremblay joins

3 hours ago, Jonwo said:

I wonder what the budget was? Given it has Ewan McGregor and Rebecca Ferguson, I'd say $35-40m.

I imagine whatever the film does box office wise, WB will probably want to use Mike Flanagan for another film. 

I hope he gets a Conjuring universe film!

14 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

its got 95% verified audience score on RT so far, early but sort of impressive . Since these are from previews i'm not sure what it means for general audience

Stephen King films are always divided by audiences. The Shinning, Carrie, Shawshank Redemption, Green Mile, and Misery are normally the positive ones. 

While adaptations of Cell, Dreamcatcher, Thinner(which I like), and Dark Tower are deemed the bad ones for example. 

this was ok. mike flanagan never really earns the sappy moments in anything i've seen from him. i always feel like he wants to scare me and make me cry and usually ends up with a result that causes neither reaction! surprisingly i had this the wrong way around based on the trailers. the hipster monsters eating superpowered children is cool and fun and the stuff actually related to The Shining is totally botched.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Stingray said:

Exposition and sappiness is Flanagan's Achilles heel. It doesn't jive with Kubrick's Shining.

Kubrick.

Emotion.

Two words combined that can't make sense.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Cmasterclay said:

The Haunting of Hill House - I never got through it. Think I made it to Episode 5? The scares are good and all but I did not care about these boring ass people and their boring ass problems that were boringly acted.

I liked the first five episodes but the rest of the show is very weak and completely misses the point of the book.

2 hours ago, CloneWars said:

The film looks good, but I will say this, it doesn't look like a horror film at all. I know it's a sequel to a horror film, but the trailer makes it look like more like a gothic fantasy film.

Which it is.