That One Girl

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood | Nov 22 2019 | TriStar | Tom Hanks stars as Mr. Rogers | Marielle Heller (Can You Ever Forgive Me?) directing

I really liked how Marielle Heller directed Can You Ever Forgive Me? with so much naturalism, while still maintaining her voice as a film-maker, and it looks like that's continuing here.

• Like 2

I think the film looks very good. Might not be as strong of an Oscar contender as it sounded on paper, but if Marielle Heller continues to make greats films, I'm confident her time will come eventually. Heck, it might come for this. I don't know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AJG said:

Yeah I have no clue who Mr Roger's is outside of references on other TV shows. This shit looks like overly sentimental sappy nonsense. Like... my eyes were stuck to the back of my head.

Unless you’re an American or Canadian over the age of 30 (possibly over 20), you most likely have no frame of reference for Mr. Rogers. However, if you did watch his show as a kid (or an adult), this trailer will hit you with plenty of feels, just like last year’s “Won’t You Be My Neighbor?”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I liked the trailer but yeah I'm sure it helps I grew up with the show and know the story.  I will probably like Won't you Be My Neighbor more, but I will definitely give this movie a try :)