That One Girl

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood | Nov 22 2019 | TriStar | Tom Hanks stars as Mr. Rogers | Marielle Heller (Can You Ever Forgive Me?) directing

On 7/24/2019 at 12:07 AM, lorddemaxus said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but I am pretty uncomfortable with the fact that a Chinese company is financing a film about an American icon. Tencent is also producing the sequel to one of the most American films next year. Green Book last year was also produced by Ali Baba. 

Tencent and Ali are just financers. They have absolutely nothing to do with "producing" these films.

On 7/23/2019 at 12:07 PM, lorddemaxus said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but I am pretty uncomfortable with the fact that a Chinese company is financing a film about an American icon. Tencent is also producing the sequel to one of the most American films next year. Green Book last year was also produced by Ali Baba. 

IDGAF

34 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

tom hanks is getting a supporting nom for this right? 

After his snubs this decade (including for two Best Picture nominees), I certainly wouldn't say he's a lock lol.

Happy about the reception for this. Can You Ever Forgive Me? was such a charming movie.

• Like 1