WrathOfHan

The Mule | December 14 2018 | Clint Eastwood Directing and Starring | Bradley Cooper, Michael Pena, Dianne Wiest, Laurence Fishburne | Getting good reviews

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

So from the 14th to the 21st, these movies will open in wide release or expand to wide release:

• The Mule
  • Mortal Engines
  • Animated Spider-Man
  • Second Act
  • Mary, Queen of Scots
  • Mary Poppins
  • Aquaman
  • Bumblebee
  • Alita
  • Holmes and Watson
  • Welcome to Marwen
  • On the Basis of Sex

That's a ridiculous number of wide releases even for Christmas. The fight for screens will be crazy and all pre-holiday holdovers will die. 

Vice is also expected to go wide on Christmas too. Who knows what the TC will be for stuff like The Favourite, Beale Street, and Ben is Back. Insanity

• Like 1

Just now, Slambros said:

Warner Bros must be confident in this one. I think a sizeable portion of the American Sniper audience will want to see this one for sure.

Even if they're confident, they should have stuck with limited release in December on say Christmas Day then wide in January just like American Sniper and Gran Torino. 

I wonder if we're getting a trailer with A Star is Born? 

• Like 2

Jesus Christ! These movies are all going to be fighting for screens like nobody’s business. Assuming this film is meant to be an awards contender, they should’ve given it a limited release. I guess this also means that there’s no way WB is moving Aquaman to December 14 in North America now. 

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Jesus Christ! These movies are all going to be fighting for screens like nobody’s business. Assuming this film is meant to be an awards contender, they should’ve given it a limited release. I guess this also means that there’s no way WB is moving Aquaman to December 14 in North America now. 

I imagine if Aquaman is moving, it's probably to the 19th December. OS wise, The Mule likely won't be released in many markets until January or February so Aquaman will likely still have early OS release. 

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I imagine if Aquaman is moving, it's probably to the 19th December. OS wise, The Mule likely won't be released in many markets until January or February so Aquaman will likely still have early OS release. 

No way it moves to the 19th. That’s when Mary Poppins is set to be released, and there’s a strong chance that’ll be the biggest film of the month. At this point, Aquaman will either need to stay where it is, or move up to January. 

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

You know what? I bet dollars to doughnuts that's why Warner did this. This sets their foot down, so that if there needs to be someone moving their films around, it now has to be someone else.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

No way it moves to the 19th. That’s when Mary Poppins is set to be released, and there’s a strong chance that’ll be the biggest film of the month. At this point, Aquaman will either need to stay where it is, or move up to January. 

I think it can open well on the 19th, Poppins and Aquaman will dominate and we saw last year how well Greatest Showman and Jumanji did last year with the same Wednesday release. It's very unlikely to move to January, WB wants that Christmas money

On 9/27/2018 at 9:48 PM, Jonwo said:

I wonder if we're getting a trailer with A Star is Born? 

Edited by KeepItU25071906
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TMP said:

This & Vice almost seem like perfect counter-programming for the Holidays

it looks like Thanksgiving to Xmas is full of adult skewing dramas, something's gotta sink:

Bohemian Rhapsody Nov 2

Girl In the Spider Web Nov 9 

Widows Nov 16

Creed 2 and Green Book Nov 21

The Mule Dec 14

Welcome to Marwen Dec 21

Vice Dec 25

And that's just wide releases. 

Just now, Valonqar said:

it looks like Thanksgiving to Xmas is full of adult skewing dramas, something's gotta sink:

Bohemian Rhapsody Nov 2

Girl In the Spider Web Nov 9 

Widows Nov 16

Creed 2 and Green Book Nov 21

The Mule Dec 14

Welcome to Marwen Dec 21

Vice Dec 25

And that's just wide releases. 

I meant counter-programming to one another. Vice is gonna be an attack on the Cheney/Bush administration, while The Mule is being directed by Conservative hero Clint Eastwood.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

I meant counter-programming to one another. Vice is gonna be an attack on the Cheney/Bush administration, while The Mule is being directed by Conservative hero Clint Eastwood.

Ah, OK.

I'm positive that big hits will be Rhapsody, Creed 2 and Green Book. Widows should do well too but maybe not as big as the other 3. Girl will flop. No clue about the rest. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Not gonna lie, first thing that came to mind upon seeing this screenshot was "Gran Torino sequel confirmed."

This looks...decent, I guess. Probably going nowhere awards-wise but should make a very good amount of money over the holidays.

Edited by filmlover