CJohn

BLACK PANTHER OVER 200M 4-DAY OW | Tremendous Victory

2 hours ago, Tree Billboards said:

200M in 4 days has actually been done by more films than you might think.

unadjusted: 

The Force Awakens

The Last Jedi

Jurassic World

Avengers

Avengers: Age of Ultron

adjusted for inflation:

Dark Knight - 233.9M in 4 days

Revenge of the Sith - 226.9M in 4 days

Deathly hallows 2 - 216.5M in 4 days

Dead Mans Chest - 215.5M in 4 days

Spider-Man 3 - 215.4M in 4 days

Dark Knight Rises - 212.7M in 4 days

Transformers ROTF - 206.8M in 4 days

Matrix Reloaded - 204.4M in 4 days

Avengers: Civil War - 203.5M in 4 days

Iron Man 3 - 203.1M in 4 days

Black Panther - 200M in 4 days

List has been updated!

Edited by DMan7

Early reactions + excelent release date + it works as an Avengers prologue + first big blockbuster of the year + Marvel at its peak of awareness = over 200M 4day :insane:

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I am thinking a Deadpool run for this is the high end for this. 

I think GOTG 2 Numbers are the ceiling for this

Go big or go home. I'm IN for the hell of it. As the OP stated, the pre-sales are extremely impressive. It's filling in a major gap of accessibility to a large cinema going demographic. I'd say early impressions from a wide range of critics is also an indication of exceeding expectations, but it's kind of par for the course for the MCU now. The whole "best Marvel yet" schtick is getting old. Still, it's good to see they didn't falter with this entry.

Realistically, I'd say mid to upper 100s, but I gotta toss my name into the hat for support. I'm really looking forward to this film.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Astonished 1

IN but nobody should be disappointed if it goes under. It's going to be huge anyway you slice it. 

• Like 2

Out.

164M 4-day

But the interesting club would be "Which 4-day-opening-weekend will be bigger: Black Panther vs Solo"

I bet Solo wins this: 159M (420M-ish dom) vs 168M (480M-ish or 500M dom).

• Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

20 hours ago, ThePhasmid said:

Go big or go home. I'm IN for the hell of it. As the OP stated, the pre-sales are extremely impressive. It's filling in a major gap of accessibility to a large cinema going demographic. I'd say early impressions from a wide range of critics is also an indication of exceeding expectations, but it's kind of par for the course for the MCU now. The whole "best Marvel yet" schtick is getting old. Still, it's good to see they didn't falter with this entry.

Realistically, I'd say mid to upper 100s, but I gotta toss my name into the hat for support. I'm really looking forward to this film.

i dont actually mind these 'best marvel yet' comments as they seem plausible alot of the time. Ive only heard reviews say this with Winter Soldier, GOTG 1, Civil War and Ragnarok and i can totally understand why anyone would rank any of these movies as their favourites.