grim22

BOTs Top 25 Movies of 2017 | NOLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Blade Runner, Logan, and Get Out are my MVPs this year. I hope they all make it very high on the list.

Spoiler

It Comes at Night is up there for me too but I'm not gonna complain it doesn't show up at all. I mostly understand where people who hate it are coming from. I personally found it to be very effective.

Nolan s biggest mistake for Dunkirk was he thought he was a good enough visual story teller to tell the Dunkirk story like he tried in his film.

alas ...

#Bringback_160mnFilms

#Bringback_Dumpsofexpositiondialogues

#Bringback_Nolan

Edited by The Futurist

16 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Could not disagree more. Rylance seems like such a good dude. How could you want to punch him?

Unless this is actually about him winning the Oscar over Sly. I kind of understand but still, Rylance earned that shit.

Rylance, sure. He was amazing in Bridge. It's the personality-less saint that he plays the one I kept hoping would sink.

3 hours ago, aabattery said:

Could not disagree more. Rylance seems like such a good dude. How could you want to punch him?

Unless this is actually about him winning the Oscar over Sly. I kind of understand but still, Rylance earned that shit.

Pretty much, it seems.

There's no hiding from this, son.

3 hours ago, Kraken said:

Rylance, sure. He was amazing in Bridge. It's the personality-less saint that he plays the one I kept hoping would sink.

That goes for most of the characters in the movie. They're paper thin bloodless archetypes with only the pilots providing anything palpably human.  The storytelling isn't much better with the cinematography and editing giving the movie a pulse.

• Like 1

Dunkirk was #2 on my list. I thought it was a fantastic film.

4 hours ago, aabattery said:

His expressions alone in BOS earned him his Oscar nomination IMO. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

I put Dunkirk at #1 and if it wins and your fav loses, remember that at least when you vote and Dunkirk wins instead, it's not Donald Trump winning instead of your preferred choice. That should take a bit of the edge off.

• Like 7