grim22

BOTs Top 25 Movies of 2017 | NOLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

7 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I still can't believe we got Your Name to #15(?) last year though. Fuck yeah.

Had I been able to see Your Name before the deadline, it could have even been higher. Still bummed that I couldn't see it on time. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

Spoiler

Girls Trip

girls-trip-poster-2.jpg

EwrN1Ti.png

5aE0GYL.png

One of the funniest movies of 2017 and the highest grossing pure comedy of the year gets a well deserved spot on the list. This was a coming out party for Tiffany Haddish as well, specially in the grapefruit scenes

User Reviews:

As funny and outrageous as Girl's Trip can be-the scene with the absinthe is the most I've laughed this year at the movies-its treatment on characters not as joke delivery machines but real humans with flaws elevates it beyond just another ranchy comedy.

A-

-  @Patriots Bottle

Funny, touching, poignant, relevant, nostalgic, heart-breaking and even tear-jerking....Girl's trip is going to have terrific legs.  It's a raunchy film in so many ways but for every dick joke you have sensitive and realistic observations about friendship and adulthood and life in general.  I think the audience I was with thought it was hilarious from start to finish, judging by the laughter.  I too thought it was funny but felt it had much more to say than just four girls cutting loose trying to get their freak on.  And I appreciated it more for that than the comedy.

8.5/10

- @baumer

• Like 10
  • Astonished 1
  • Disbelief 1

The films that aren't fully guaranteed but still have a small chance nonetheless that I would like to see on the list are The Lost City of Z and Columbus specifically. But this was such a good year that I'd be hard-pressed to have an angry reaction to any submission or omission.