m3racer123

Ford vs Ferrari | Nov 15 2019 | Fox | James Mangold directing

8 hours ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

Yeah, I just learned about this movie. The theater I work for, we are in a small town with a big well known race track. Anyway, we got a email from one of the race circuits that is scheduled to be at the track that same weekend this movie's coming out. They want to buy out the whole theater and do a private show for this film.    

Nice. Hopefully we get a trailer soon

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Ferrari Wins and has been every day of the week for decades now.

Is that so ?

Ferrari net income $500million.

Ford net income $7 billion.

I don't understand your posts sometimes dude

On 2/3/2019 at 12:21 PM, Avatree said:

Is that so ?

Ferrari net income $500million.

Ford net income $7 billion.

I don't understand your posts sometimes dude

Income :hahaha:

What kind of BS is this. Enzo Ferrari is at Henry Ford level not his grandson Henry Ford II.

40 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Perhaps they think they have an awards player on their hands.

Could be, or it may be a reaction to Annabelle 3 moving to June 28. Not that those films share the same audience, but it's a crowded weekend in general.

Could be both as well. Either way, it seems likely they feel they have a winner on their hands, like you say.

Damn thought we were gonna get a trailer real soon. I'm fine with this move but November starts to get crowded by the end of the month. Terminator at the beginning of the month. Midway, Sonic which if it isnt trash could break out, Dr Sleep, then on the same week we have the new Paul Feig movie with Emilia Clarke and Henry Golding, then the weeks after have Frozen 2, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, and then Knives Out. I feel like all these movies have the potential to breakout and eat up Ford v Ferrari. Really excited though

On 2/24/2019 at 8:00 AM, SchumacherFTW said:

Didn't realise Bale was playing Ken Miles here, for some reason I assumed he was going for Enzo. 

I think he was meant to be Enzo in Michael Mann's Ferrari movie (wherever that went), but last I heard, Hugh Jackman replaced him.

On 2/23/2019 at 3:57 PM, Pinacolada said:

Damn thought we were gonna get a trailer real soon. I'm fine with this move but November starts to get crowded by the end of the month. Terminator at the beginning of the month. Midway, Sonic which if it isnt trash could break out, Dr Sleep, then on the same week we have the new Paul Feig movie with Emilia Clarke and Henry Golding, then the weeks after have Frozen 2, A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, and then Knives Out. I feel like all these movies have the potential to breakout and eat up Ford v Ferrari. Really excited though

Terminator is flopping hard. It should be of no concern to anyone. 

On 2/23/2019 at 9:57 PM, Pinacolada said:

I can't see A Beautiful Day breaking out or seriously competing with this film. Last Christmas (the Paul Feig one) should do okay. Most people are expecting Terminator 6 to sink. I want Knives Out, depending on the budget, to do well (between Looper and Branagh's Orient Express). Frozen 2 is a slam dunk hit. I have no idea about Midway or SonicDr Sleep should be fine if it's good. 

Really, I think that so long as Disney-Fox doesn't mess up the marketing and the film itself appeals to audiences, FvF should hopefully do fine.

1 hour ago, 35MM-18 said:

I can't see A Beautiful Day breaking out or seriously competing with this film. Last Christmas (the Paul Feig one) should do okay. Most people are expecting Terminator 6 to sink. I want Knives Out, depending on the budget, to do well (between Looper and Branagh's Orient Express). Frozen 2 is a slam dunk hit. I have no idea about Midway or SonicDr Sleep should be fine if it's good. 

Really, I think that so long as Disney-Fox doesn't mess up the marketing and the film itself appeals to audiences, FvF should hopefully do fine.

Problem is it's a very niche audience this appeals to, and most general audience will have no desire to watch this. The star power will help this which Rush didn't have but I still can't see this doing too well. I wonder what the budget is, hope it can turn a profit.

3 hours ago, Avatree said:

Problem is it's a very niche audience this appeals to, and most general audience will have no desire to watch this. The star power will help this which Rush didn't have but I still can't see this doing too well. I wonder what the budget is, hope it can turn a profit.

The budget's around $100 million. Difficult, definitely.