m3racer123

Ford vs Ferrari | Nov 15 2019 | Fox | James Mangold directing

FWIW this is selling really well around me for that whole weekend. Doubt it comes anywhere close to Once Upon a Time...in Hollywood but I'd be surprised if it pulled, say, a First Man either. I'm guessing it lands somewhere in the middle of those two for a mid-$20M start.

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

They didn't push it like the unlimited screenings they've done before which was strange

Even Odeon's Screen Unseen seemed very hastily arranged. Usually they give 2-3 weeks notice but on this occasion the screening was announced on Wednesday if I'm not mistaken, and the clues heavily suggested that it would be FvF. The majority of my audience seemed to be reasonably happy when the IFCO classification appeared at the beginning, and they seemed to enjoy it.
I strongly believe this will be a crowdpleaser and those who are interested in seeing it will be satisfied, but I think it's going to need a bigger push to get casual moviegoers through the door on opening weekend.

1 hour ago, gadd said:

Even Odeon's Screen Unseen seemed very hastily arranged. Usually they give 2-3 weeks notice but on this occasion the screening was announced on Wednesday if I'm not mistaken, and the clues heavily suggested that it would be FvF. The majority of my audience seemed to be reasonably happy when the IFCO classification appeared at the beginning, and they seemed to enjoy it.
I strongly believe this will be a crowdpleaser and those who are interested in seeing it will be satisfied, but I think it's going to need a bigger push to get casual moviegoers through the door on opening weekend.

The awful title here in Europe doesn't help. Le Mans '66 only moves the needle for hardcore fans, whereas just the name Ferrari in your title evokes something. 

• Like 1

On 11/5/2019 at 10:42 AM, SchumacherFTW said:

They didn't push it like the unlimited screenings they've done before which was strange

Think because it was the first secret screening open to non-members as well. Which sounds paradoxical, but I do think the idea of these being an exclusive perk gets more people to turn up...

7 hours ago, newknicksfan said:

boxofficepro predicts 32 mill 

Then we have some of the other trades predicting around $20M. Seems this is a tough one to nail down. I trust our resident trackers the most, and BOP. They know what they're doing too.

12 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Excellent movie, two great movie stars doing their thing.

But, damn for the female market, this movie is REALLY about 

CARS

Lots of cars discusssions and arguments.

It would not surprise me if more women showed up for this than Charlie's Angels.