Eric Atreides

Sorry to Bother You l Annapurna l July 6, 2018 (Limited), July 13 (Wide) l Lakeith Stanfield, Tessa Thompson, Armie Hammer, and a bunch of other people l From Sundance

5 hours ago, Amazing Amy said:

This could be a huge hit. Black people are loving this on twitter. 

yeah great reaction on twitter, facebook and reddit . Think it could be a hit. Depends on the reviews and word of mouth though I guess. Currently has an 85% on RT. 

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is going to go pretty wide. It's being advertised on all of Donald Glover's stuff.

Yeah, the marketing campaign for this has been pretty aggressive so far. Won't be a big hit obviously but should be among the very few indies this summer that won't remain completely little.

It's received a very confusing set of changes in its expansion schedule, but I really like its new nationwide date. It is now opening with Skyscraper and Hotel Transylvania 3, so it should be able to counterprogram nicely. Plus, if buzz begins too early, it could die out when it comes time for the film to actually be released. Now that buzz is increasing pretty fast, an earlier date could end up bring beneficial. Plus, it's doesn't have to directly compete with Blindspotting anymore.

8 minutes ago, babz06 said:

This should really be making atleast 10m. Anything less would be a disappointment especially with the marketing.  It’s getting a lot more than usual indies do. 

I'll raise the bar to 20M.

This is currently at 95% on RT and certified fresh. I saw the trailer for this several times (because of Deadpool 2 :P) and thought it looked funny. Glad to see its getting really great reviews. I'll be checking to see if its playing in a theater near me. I fear this is gonna be like Upgrade but lets hope with a not so crowded release schedule ahead of it in terms of blockbusters it can find its footing and making a nice run at the box office. Another breakout comedy would be awesome :) 

Here is the critics consensus for those interested 

Critics Consensus: Fearlessly ambitious, scathingly funny, and thoroughly original, Sorry to Bother You loudly heralds the arrival of a fresh filmmaking talent in writer-director Boots Riley.

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2

Up to 96% now on RT. 

I wonder how this would have done had it gotten a traditional release. I know it’s going up against Ant-Man but I feel like it would have done good for itself or maybe just gone wide on the 13th without a limited release. But I guess we shall see what’s to come of it going limited and then wide. 

I cant wait to see it though. 

56 minutes ago, Nova said:

Up to 96% now on RT. 

I wonder how this would have done had it gotten a traditional release. I know it’s going up against Ant-Man but I feel like it would have done good for itself or maybe just gone wide on the 13th without a limited release. But I guess we shall see what’s to come of it going limited and then wide. 

I cant wait to see it though. 

Annapurna is still very new at the distribution game.

Jeez how limited is this release? Its only showing at arc light this weekend in all of the los angeles area. Which is not covered by moviepass and obviously not by AMC a*list. Im not going to pay to see it at arc light for $19. that theater is so expensive for no reason lol 

32 minutes ago, YLF said:

Jeez how limited is this release? Its only showing at arc light this weekend in all of the los angeles area. Which is not covered by moviepass and obviously not by AMC a*list. Im not going to pay to see it at arc light for $19. that theater is so expensive for no reason lol 

16 theaters this weekend