DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***BLACK PANTHER SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***

1 hour ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The scene between MBJ and Sterling K Brown is breathtaking 

true

also between Whitaker and Chadwick, when Zuri's telling the truth.

Most fun scene: when Klaue kill last dude in museum and pursuit in South Korea)))))

5 hours ago, baumer said:

Jordan was incredible.

Garras was fantastic

Lupita was awesome

Boseman was incredible

The acting in the film was top notch!

Letitia is my love

Edited by KeepItU25071906

36 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

“Bury me in the ocean with my ancestors who jumped from ships, cause they knew death was better than bondage.”

And for those that don't know, his quote is based off an an actual event, the 1803 Igbo Rebellion and suicide in Georgia:

http://www.blackpast.org/aah/igbo-landing-mass-suicide-1803

And there were plenty of cases where the slaves knew what was coming on land, and the conditions on the ships were so horrible, they simply jumped off the ships in the Atlantic. His quote was literal history.

That is why Killmonger is so woke and why so many people are empathizing with him, and why I think his death is important. Marvel can always bring him back with magic blood or whatever if it's that serious, but as of now, I think this was the best route to take. Never has a comic book movie provided such a history lesson.

@MovieMan89 since you were really interested in Killmonger.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

The scene between MBJ and Sterling K Brown is breathtaking 

Was great to see such a warm black father/son dynamic. The stigma still exists that black fathers don't raise their kids, so props to Coogler for highlighting their bond and making us empathize with both of them so much, even though they're supposed to be the "bad guys."

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

This is interesting for me to say, because I'm a big critic of lack of consequence in recent Hollywood films (and particularly Marvel's stuff), but...

BP2 (and we know it's coming) is really going to missing something without MBJ, especially if Coogler returns (I'd bet on it). 

If I recall correctly, Killmonger's actual death moment is shot way far off, establishing shot style, right?  He slumps over.  You get the idea.

But who's to say that T'Challa didn't pull him off that cliff in the last moment and Winter Soldier-him/put him in cold storage for a while?  Would give MBJ great stuff to work with when he wakes up, as well: "I wanted to die, and you won't even let me have that."  (well...perhaps that would mimic a rival's recent product a bit too much)

I'd say it's even easier to eventually bring him back than Steve Trevor based on established technology/scenarios in this world.  If I were one of the producers here, I'd strongly consider bringing back MBJ in one way or another...he's the Loki to T'Challa.

• Like 1

@Macleod heh, that's a big dilemma. On one side, bringing him back with the magic blood would cheapen the deathbed line. As @Jandrew explained, it's a reference to the actual history. So "he died and stayed dead" is ever so more impactful and poignant. On the other side, everyone's in love with the character and MBJ. What to do? IMO, they shouldn't backtrack (right away) but give us just as compelling villain(s) in sequels (first) . They could've set up T'Challa and Erik to be BP's Charles and Erik but they didn't want to take that route (perhaps because of comparison?). IMO, if they want to bring Killmonger back, then give it some time rather than do it in the next movie. It wouldn't feel cheap if time passed. 

Edited by Valonqar
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, RandomYojimbo said:

It was. Lol.

Thought the purple glowing fruit that let your soul cross over was a big clue.

As it turns out, the Black Panther movie does not include an Infinity Stone.

Here’s what Coogler said when we asked him why Black Panther didn’t feature an Infinity Stone.

“I love the Infinity Stones as much as any comic book fan, it’s just Wakanda already has its thing, which is Vibranium. For us, that was special enough, so to throw in something like another special thing didn’t feel right. It felt like we should stick with our one MacGuffin for the country and explore that, let that be the important thing because, frankly we didn’t need to have another piece like that,” Coogler explained, adding, “[Marvel Studios] never really was interested in putting a stone in there, either.”

http://au.ign.com/articles/2018/02/16/black-panther-director-answers-our-big-infinity-stone-question

• Like 4

Just got back from seeing it a second time. Watched it in IMAX this time. Just love this movie. But that last scene before the credits roll has me wondering if the kid who approaches Black Panther is possibly Kill Monger's boy. He carried his same mannerisms. There's no mention of him having a son but that doesn't mean there isn't.