DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***BLACK PANTHER SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***

15 hours ago, Jandrew said:

Lmao at dude saying this movie does a good job in not diving in politics, and then calling a character a left wing extremist.

There is a difference between politics and divisive politics.    T'Challa is a king so there will always be politics.   It's what the character is and his wise and calm reaction to political problems concerning Wakanda has always been a strength of the character.

And it's certainly not divisive that the extremist is the bad guy.   Of course he is.   Only an extremist would think that is divisive.

Edited by Harpospoke

25 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

There is a difference between politics and divisive politics.    T'Challa is a king so there will always be politics.   It's what the character is and his wise and calm reaction to political problems concerning Wakanda has always been a strength of the character.

And it's certainly not divisive that the extremist is the bad guy.   Of course he is.   Only an extremist would think that is divisive.

Lemme tell you what your problem is: you don't practice what you preach. You are constantly on this forum up in arms complaining whenever someone makes a topic remotely political, yet you go out looking for it. I say Americans are dumb for not going to Paddington and you somehow throw Trump into it. You look for the political narrative. You sniff and seek it out so you can call out people on their "bullshit."

You keep talking about the "SJWs", literally I see no one else going on about "SJWs." What are the SJW's doing, who are they, and why is it even important? I hope by SJWs you don't mean black people. Us being happy we have a movie we can have strong pride in is not some far left mantra.

You called a character a "left wing extremist." You're basically saying if Killmonger was real, he'd be some SJW crybaby/Antfia/BLM lunatic. In your review you were basically saying in so many words "it was good because the race politics werent heavy." 

You go out looking for politics. You accused me of saying that Panther is a movie only black people can enjoy, just because I said it's an important movie for black people. 

Black Panther was full of black history and important cultural narrative, especially Killmonger's point of view, and his last line. Even T'Challa's action of making the community center, and in a city like Oakland, has a deeper impact and meaning than it seems on the surface. Yet it seems the reason you like Panther so much is because it didn't go heavy on white guilt. Your review reads as "yes Killmonger told a white lady her ancestors invaded Africa, but they didn't beat me over the head with it and patronize me."

This is a movie you really need to see from all angles. You need to step into my or someone elses shoes and actually listen and understand why we consider this movie and its themes so important. Like I said, Killmonger's "I'd rather die than live in bondage" quote is so powerful because it is real, and for people of African descent, its a quote that hits deep. Caring about that, celebrating it, and making the statement with the film is not "SJW nonsence" or "race politics." And it is not divisive. It's called honesty.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I can't believe they put in one of my favorite memes.

Besides the ending fight on the train tracks and a bit of the third act felt slow, this was a fabulous movie. I'm going to see it again tomorrow with hopefully less distractions in the form of idiot moviegoers to give a proper review.

1 minute ago, Morieris said:

I can't believe they put in one of my favorite memes.

Besides the ending fight on the train tracks and a bit of the third act felt slow, this was a fabulous movie. I'm going to see it again tomorrow with hopefully less distractions in the form of idiot moviegoers to give a proper review.

marvel films are literally just memes?

Just now, IronJimbo said:

same.. last one I watched was The Avengers.

Spoiler

The second end credit scene, I was like "How did he end up there?....wait I haven't seen any MCU movie that actually took place around Captain America since Avengers, I don't really care."

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eastwood47 said:

Just got back from seeing it a second time. Watched it in IMAX this time. Just love this movie. But that last scene before the credits roll has me wondering if the kid who approaches Black Panther is possibly Kill Monger's boy. He carried his same mannerisms. There's no mention of him having a son but that doesn't mean there isn't. 

IMO, the scene works both ways. if he's just a random kid, it works cause BP is a good role model. Inspires the kid, etc. If he's Killmonger's son, it works as a set up for the future.