DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***BLACK PANTHER SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***

1st half of movie was oscars league, 2nd half was trash, Anti Black American Movie, shucking and jiving, bad cgi, bashed black women for weaving wigs and weaves, yet black women with wigs and weaves are buying majority of tickets 

made anyone that fights against white supremacy to be the same as KKK or Isis, made Trumps both sides argument

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 2

5 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

1st half of movie was oscars league, 2nd half was trash, Anti Black American Movie, shucking and jiving, bad cgi, bashed black women for weaving wigs and weaves, yet black women with wigs and weaves are buying majority of tickets 

made anyone that fights against white supremacy to be the same as KKK or Isis, made Trumps both sides argument

what the fuck?

15 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

So the movie's anti-AA and pro Africans, is that what you're saying? Please explain. I'm really curious cause I'm not from America or Africa. That history is not very known to me. 

Not necessarily, i think the hidden msg of the movie is if African Americans and Africans ever join forces they will try to pull a Genocide on white people, so we need Africans in charge that are in bed with the CIA.... and even people in America who are Pro black have no desire to mass murder whites , thought that was poor taste

Edited by Gokira2012
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

Did anyone find the movie felt rushed at times?

The bad guy is king..Black panther wakes up and then bam the final battle scene starts.

I think that really diminished the film to me and why I don't rank as top tier marvel like iron man 1 or winter solider.

It doesn't help that Killmonger has only a scene during the entire first act of the movie. He disappears for almost 50 minutes, to the point you even forget about him. Fortunately he comes back for the rest of the movie.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gokira2012 said:

Not necessarily, i think the hidden msg of the movie is if African Americans and Africans ever join forces they will try to pull a Genocide on white people, so we need Africans in charge that are in bed with the CIA.... and even people in America who are Pro black have no desire to mass murder whites , thought that was poor taste

That's a very unique take on this movie. 

while I didn't like this as much as some, it definitely had positives.  

Danai Gurira was great and Serkis stole most scenes he was in.

But yeah nothing about this movie felt special to me and just more of the same, sadly.  I have it in the middle of the road for Marvel films, but still glad I saw it.  

I won't go into the negatives as much but here are a couple.

although as much as I like MBJ, I felt like he wasted in a way here.  Any issues I have with him wasn't really on him and more of the character, but still glad he was in the film.

and the film actually felt long to me.  I see long movies all the time and if they don't feel long I don't care, but this felt longer than the run time and that's a shame.

There's more, but don't want to harp on the bad so I'll just finish here and say, at least I got to see it and get my friend out to see it too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gokira2012 said:

What the actual fuck. Are you sure you saw the same movie as everyone else?

I think the film would have benefited from MBJ be king longer and doing some really wacky crazy shit.

I think that would have really elevated the film to a whole new level. 

Also I am now confused to why there is a fight in Wakanda in IW now?

There seems to be no stone in Wakanda 

Not showing the stone in this movie (thankfully!) doesn’t mean there isn’t a stone there. I’m glad they kept most of the Infinity War stuff to the end credits. Plus Wakanda has the best tech in the world. Makes sense to flight aliens where there’s an army and advanced weapons. 

idea: replace Ross with Hawkeye. Remove the... problematic nature of Ross's role in the movie as a CIA agent and Freeman's casting and replace it with someone most people know who's just as lowly powered as Ross lol

Then again we don't know what they're doing with him in Infinity War so maybe not

EDIT: And of course, this would be trading one problem for another - this being standalone is one of the best aspects of the movie

Edited by Blank Panther
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

idea: replace Ross with Hawkeye. Remove the... problematic nature of Ross's role in the movie as a CIA agent and Freeman's casting and replace it with someone most people know who's just as lowly powered as Ross lol

Then again we don't know what they're doing with him in Infinity War so maybe not

EDIT: And of course, this would be trading one problem for another - this being standalone is one of the best aspects of the movie

Apparently Martin Freeman has other appearances coming up. Possibly Infinity War, and since he was an Air Force pilot, maybe he’ll show up in Captain Marvel too. 

• Thanks 1