DeeCee

***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***BLACK PANTHER SPOILER THREAD***SPOILERS***SPOILERS***

7 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

My "problem" is that I notice your SJW tirades.

You mean that Paddington post where you obviously brought politics into it?   Then you denied it whereupon I quoted you again proving that you brought politics into it?   You of course had no answer for that and just posted a "clever meme".  You brought "Trump" into it of course.   Go dig up your post if you think you were so "innocent".  I dare you.   

So we can dispense with your little act right now.

And you think the "important" narrative that has infected this movie for the past few months isn't obvious?   It's toxic and cannot possible be a positive for anything.

Here you go, from January 13th:

Shouldnt be surprised that America is dumb enough to give Paddington only $2.4, look at out current state.

At the same time it is disappointing that we still have a hard time breaking out and embracing things that arent American. Hell Despacito didnt break out until they slapped  Americanly-marketable Bieber on it after all.

Don't really see how you can get triggered and infer I'm talking about Trump in that post. I never elaborated on what exactly I meant, you just got triggered and assumed I was referring to Trump because you were sniffing for politics, just like I said. You don't fool anybody.

Yet, I like the fact that you ignore the rest of my post and instead get triggered and resort to calling me an SJW and say I have "tirades." Whatever that is supposed to mean. Anyone that knows me will tell you I'm not close to being one.

You still won't say exactly what you mean by that though, so I can only assume you're calling me an SJW because I said this movie is important for black people, and that triggers you.

And you still won't say exactly what you mean by "important narrative infecting the movie", so I can only assume you're saying this movie shouldn't be celebrated as pro-black/pro-African art that is very important to the black community, because we shouldn't be mixing in race with entertainment, because that triggers you.

You won't even take the time to actually understand what any of us even mean and why we see this movie as valuable. You see "black people" and "this movie" in the same sentence and automatically go into triggered level 2000. The only reason the movie didn't trigger you further was because they didn't give you a 2 hour lesson on white guilt.

You're awful dude, and dangerously myopic. And you're a hypocrite. My review mentions nothing about politics, but yours does. I say "great acting, great soundtrack, powerful movie", and you say "don't worry, the politics aren't heavy yall." Sounds like you were relieved to not be triggered.

I'm quite respected around here and I don't think anyone else sees me as some radical militant, so maybe it's your act that you should reflect on.

• Like 6
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

I think it was wise not to have bucky be a character in this movie.

He is a big character and he would really took away from the whole premise of the movie (black cast) 

But it was a good idea to have him come out in the post credit to keep the MCU fans happy.

I really enjoyed the film and is my third favorite in the MCU.

However, one thing bothered me so much:

For a nation so advanced technologically, why the FUCK would they still allow combat when becoming king?! It's absurd.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Noctis said:

For a nation so advanced technologically, why the FUCK would they still allow combat when becoming king?! It's absurd.

You are confusing technological advancement with moral/ethic/cultural  advancement....and history  has shown the two are not directly connected.

I give you Nazi Germany...Germany at the time the Nazis took over was one of the most advanced countries in the world as far as technology goes.That did not keep them from a complete reversion to barbarism.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 1

Re: Politics:

The film has quite a few jabs at Donnie....and some of them are anything but subtle.Granted, they never name names but unless you are a idiot you get who the target was.

This makes ignoring the politics in the movie,agree or disagree, really stupid.

6 hours ago, Gokira2012 said:

1st half of movie was oscars league, 2nd half was trash, Anti Black American Movie, shucking and jiving, bad cgi, bashed black women for weaving wigs and weaves, yet black women with wigs and weaves are buying majority of tickets 

made anyone that fights against white supremacy to be the same as KKK or Isis, made Trumps both sides argument

Could somebody transalate this into English? I don't speak Gibberish......

But glad to see the Gokira had not changed since the days he was a laughing stock in the IMDB Forums.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Wakanda more reminds me of the Roman Empire, they were top in technology but could be very brutal and harsh at times. 

It is rather clear that Wakanda is a nation that had a very insular culture and likely saw themselves as superior to others.

It was more recently they likely open themselves to the world. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

So... why did they leave the kid behind, how did it help in any way to keep Wakandan technology a secret? And if Father Panther was so worried about that, maybe he shouldn't fly his semi-invisible plane above cities.

:jeb!:

I think they wanted to keep the fact that he had killed his own brother secret.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Noctis said:

It's a nation with a mix of technology and traditions. Tribalism and traditions play a big part in Wakanda and you see throughout the movie that everyone in Wakanda adheres very strictly to their established customs.

A less extreme real world example would be UK which is very advanced but still has some very wacky and old timey traditions when it comes to the monarchy, ascension ceremony, etc dating back hundreds of years. 

• Like 2

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

lol if we go into the geopolitics more deeper it is very likely Wakanda likely exploited the African nations in the past. 

I don't think that's true at all and the movie gives no such indications whatsoever. In fact it is emphasized throughout the movie again and again that they are very isolationist and do not interact very much with even their neighbours very much. Also why would they need to exploit the other African nations when they have the most valuable resource known to man all to themselves. What could they possibly need from the other African nations that can be exploited?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Deja23 said:

Not showing the stone in this movie (thankfully!) doesn’t mean there isn’t a stone there. I’m glad they kept most of the Infinity War stuff to the end credits. Plus Wakanda has the best tech in the world. Makes sense to flight aliens where there’s an army and advanced weapons. 

TBH I like when a Marvel film isn't too bogged down with referencing all the other stuff which is why BP works so well. You could watch it and not have to seen every other MCU film

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I don't think that's true at all and the movie gives no such indications whatsoever. In fact it is emphasized throughout the movie again and again that they are very isolationist and do not interact very much with even their neighbours very much. Also why would they need to exploit the other African nations when they have the most valuable resource known to man all to themselves. What could they possibly need from the other African nations that can be exploited?

As I said its sci-fi for a reason because the way that society is structured would no way in hell be some progressive utopia lol 

Its ruled by an absolute monarchy that has turned its back on its neighbours. 

We think about this as its set in our world with our history.

As a result, I would not get to much into the mechanics of the world and accept the vision provided in this film. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

A less extreme real world example would be UK which is very advanced but still has some very wacky and old timey traditions when it comes to the monarchy, ascension ceremony, etc dating back hundreds of years. 

Seriously. I saw Paddington 2 last week and yall were still wearing white wigs during the court trials. I wanted to laugh, but it's just custom. America has a lot of advanced technology, yet we still take 10 years to build one 5 mile highway.

Obviously it didn’t help their neighbors and people in other parts of the world that Wakanda kept themselves isolated for so long. It made sense to do so when they first discovered vibranium and were learning to use it to develop their society. And at a time when they may not have been strong enough to defend themselves against invaders/slavery/etc., it made sense to hide what is considered the most versatile metal on earth from getting into the hands of those who would use it to conquer others or cause infighting and unrest. 

When they were finally strong enough, they were so used to their way of life and traditions and retained the same fears from the past despite the fact that they really didn’t have nations comparable to theirs in technology and innovation. They might’ve also considered themselves superior and adverse to allowing ‘outsiders’ to share what they’ve built. Like the way W’Kabi talked about refugees coming into Wakanda, but seemed fine with arming oppressed people outside Wakanda, never mind that it would lead to a lot of destruction. So for a long time, they sent spies out to monitor other societies, but still chose to remain hidden despite the suffering they saw. Killmonger’s father likely took matters into his own hands because he knew there’d be no convincing the Wakandan tribes to intervene.

It was sad, and showed what occurs when people/nations/etc. allow unfounded fear to prevent them from helping others in ways beyond violence and military interventions. At least, that’s how I interpreted it. And T’Chaka left Erik behind likely because of guilt and some sort of justified belief that Erik wasn’t a Wakandan. He wanted to leave the truth of what he’d done behind. 

• Like 2