Eric Atreides

The Kitchen l August 9, 2019 | New Line l Melissa McCarthy, Tiffany Haddish star l Based on the Vertigo comic book series

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Widows opened with $12M despite strong reviews so I really can't see this opening any higher.

Yep, waaaayyyy too optimistic. I guess I just thought what if it pulls a The Meg? Vastly different movies, I know, but nobody saw that opening to $45M either so....

45 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I think it’s more likely to sub $10m than $20m+ unfortunately. 

I’m predicting about $7m. 

I think that Scary Stories will open to that number next weekend. This seems to at least have a bit more hype than that movie and this should be a relatively walkup heavy considering the target audience.

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't know what it is about the trailer but this movie just looks like crap to me LOL

That's how I feel every time I see the trailer too

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, DAJK said:

I've heard NOTHING about this. I could honestly see a sub 5M opening incoming. Even Scary Stories and Racing in the Rain I've been hearing buzz for. 

I'm seeing the opposite. The last trailer for Scary Stories has less than 200k views on the main channel  while the last trailer for The Kitchen has 6 mil and the kind of audience the latter seems to be targeting for are the ones who dont watch trailers on the internet.

Really dumb of CBS to release Scary Stories a few weeks before It Chapter 2. People are going to think of it as a poor man's It and just wait for It instead.