A Marvel Fanboy

The Fox Thread

I don't follow a lot of the executive stuff at studios, but this seems like Rothman wanted to leave. He's been there longer than any other mogul and he says he wants to try other things. He seems to be a pretty creative guy and I'm sure wherever he lands, he'll do well.

I don't follow a lot of the executive stuff at studios, but this seems like Rothman wanted to leave. He's been there longer than any other mogul and he says he wants to try other things. He seems to be a pretty creative guy and I'm sure wherever he lands, he'll do well.

The biggest problem people had with him is how he personally micro managed directors. From what I understand, he never liked the X Men stories so he insisted that his vision be used instead. The success of XMen resulted in him giving Singer a little more latitude for X2. I heard a rumor that he went behind Gavin Hood's back and changed stuff on Wolverine. It's no secret that he's hard to work with. That's why Singer left the franchise to do SR.

2013 is worse

DH5 - 80M+Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Sea of Monsters - 80M+TW - 150M+The Internship - 150M+Peabody and Sherman - 100M+At least top 5 could be better, no? Didn't look into bottom half of their schedule. Edited by Neo

Fox's slate for 2013 is particularly well IMO.Epic looks like something that can break out.The Croods is the first original animated movie of 2013.Peabody and Sherman should do good numbers.So their animated slot is looking very very strong.Monthly breakdown for 2013:January - Broken City (should do $50m-$60m - good for the month)February - A Good Day to Die HardMarch - The CroodsApril - The Heat (Already impressive first trailer)May - EpicJune - (very weak) The InternshipJuly - (Don't yet know about) Turbo (but they have) WolverineAugust - (Not particularly strong) Percy JacksonSeptember - (Weak but two releases should give them respectable total) Star Wars 2 re-release and Runner RunnerOctober - (Weak but respectable total) Star Wars 3 and HauntNovember - Mr. Peabody and ShermanDecember - Walking with Dinosaurs and The Secret Life of Walter Mitty (Dinosaurs if done right could be big)June and September are the only two weak months this year from them. 2013 is going to be great for FOX