Maxmoser3

Biggest bomb of 2018

What will be the biggest bomb of 2018?   

73 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest box office bomb 2018?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2018 at 05:00 AM

6 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

I'd bet RPO does 250-300 WW. I'm sure it cost at least 150m, if not closer to 200. Tomb Raider only cost 80m and at least 200m WW should be locked. WiT could be a bit of a bomb if Disney went crazy on the budget and it cost 200m or something, which is possible since it's them. But I think it makes around 400 WW. 

WiT costs $103M. So it would need like $300M to break even...I think, I don’t know what the marketing budget will be.

• Like 1

The biggest bomb will be Alita for sure, just like the Mahatten project it will be a secret until BOOOM, nuclear fallout will infect the rest of blockbusters, forcing them to step it up or be turned into dust in a monumental flash.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Mowgli is a good bet for big floppage. Coming after the Jungle Book is a bad thing (people had their jungle fix, comparisons will not be in Mowgli favor considering praises heaped on JB), titled after the least interesting character in the movie is like changing Princess of Mars into John Carter (Mowgli is just a plot device that enables talking animals to go on an adventure and shine, they are more iconic than he). Bomb. 

• Like 1

Higher Budget means these are most likely to hit consensus FLOP standards

Alita for certain (my vote)

Pacific Rim 2 should be on this list. Massive flop inbound

Wrinkle in Time, all hype low turnout is going to happen. Overseas might dampen it's losses

Tomb Raider, due to it's lower budget I think will do more of a break even situation

Venom, enough CBM fans will turn out to keep it from being a flop. Possible Underperformer territory is likely depending on future trailers. 

9 hours ago, CoolEric258 said:

WiT costs $103M. So it would need like $300M to break even...I think, I don’t know what the marketing budget will be.

Yeah, I definitely don't see it bombing then. Should be good for at least 150 DOM and 150 OS. 

RPO may get my vote after that newest trailer. Unless China is there for it, I don't think the rest of the world will be. 

• Haha 2

Reported budgets as of now

Alita: $200m

Pacific Rim 2: $150m

The Meg: $150m

Wrinkle In Time: $103m

No numbers available yet but Ready Player One and Mowgli (which has been in post forever) are probably WB's usual $175-190m .  Tomb Raider is also WB so probably not that inexpensive. Shane Black said he only agreed to do Predator if it was made as a spectacle - so again not inexpensive.

• Thanks 1