Maxmoser3

Biggest bomb of 2018

What will be the biggest bomb of 2018?   

73 members have voted

1. 1. Biggest box office bomb 2018?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/22/2018 at 05:00 AM

Looked at the list and thought what the hell is Mowgili so by that logic I voted for it. Its too soon after a great Jungle Book movie so this the only it succeeds is by having GLOWING reviews.

Edited by eXtacy

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, I'm not sure how that got overlooked in the poll unless the budget isn't that high. Anybody know?

Cause everyone forgot it existed! :hahaha: And that's a definition of a bomb! It's bad to be remembered for shitty previews but not to be remembered at all is really deep shit.

3 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

Do people really think "A Wrinkle In Time" is gonna bomb?

Tomorrowland

Domestic Total Gross: $93,436,322
Distributor: Buena Vista Release Date: May 22, 2015
Genre: Sci-Fi Runtime: 2 hrs. 10 min.
MPAA Rating: PG Production Budget: $190 million
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Reported budgets as of now

Alita: $200m

Pacific Rim 2: $150m

The Meg: $150m

Wrinkle In Time: $103m

No numbers available yet but Ready Player One and Mowgli (which has been in post forever) are probably WB's usual $175-190m .  Tomb Raider is also WB so probably not that inexpensive. Shane Black said he only agreed to do Predator if it was made as a spectacle - so again not inexpensive.

Spielberg's last big budget film The BFG was $140m and he's good at keeping budgets in checked, I think it's around $160-170m. 

A Wrinkle in Time, I think will do okay probably $40-50m OW and $120-150m total it's OS I'm not sure on,

8 hours ago, iHeartJames said:

Do people really think "A Wrinkle In Time" is gonna bomb?

Now that I see it's budget is $103m, whereas earlier I suspected it at $150m+, I would've said yes.

Might still just be a Dissapointment/Underperformer as I don't see the hype off line for the film at all. 

14 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Sounds like just about all WB movies will bomb outside of FB2. 

Ocean's 8 and RPO won't and neither will Aquaman or Rampage and that's not including smaller budgeted films like The Nun or Crazy Rich Asians which will likely do fine. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Ocean's 8 and RPO won't and neither will Aquaman or Rampage and that's not including smaller budgeted films like The Nun or Crazy Rich Asians which will likely do fine. 

Crazy Rich Asians is gonna be a breakout for sure. It will definitely be a pleasant surprise like Girls Trip.

• Like 2

Caught an HBO double feature of Predator/Predator 2 last night.  Made me think of Shane Black's upcoming movie.  But where is this thing??  Is there any marketing/promotion whatsoever yet?  It's like it's out there, but you can't see it...kinda like...a predator. 

• Like 1

Alita, easily.

Main protagonist with eyes that reach deep into uncanny valley? Check. Adaptation of a Japanese animated property? Check. Paramount's distributing? Check. Never mind, it's Fox.

Yeah, it has Cameron on board, but that's not enough. It's going to be a financial train wreck that we won't be able to look away from.

Edited by NoobSaibot

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:21 PM, NoobSaibot said:

Alita, easily.

Main protagonist with eyes that reach deep into uncanny valley? Check. Adaptation of a Japanese animated property? Check. Paramount's distributing? Check. Never mind, it's Fox.

Yeah, it has Cameron on board, but that's not enough. It's going to be a financial train wreck that we won't be able to look away from.

Iron Jim showing up in a minute to attack you for your blasphemy,How dare you suggest that Cameron is fallible?