Jake Gittes

The Lighthouse | Robert Eggers' follow-up to The Witch | Awesome Analog Black & White FILM Technology | Willem Dafoe, Robert Pattinson | October 18, 2019

Just now, jking123 said:

don't jinx the casting.Its not a sure thing 😕

On another note really hope this movie is great.Sounds great at least

I love The VVitch, and it gave us Anya Taylor Joy too, so Robert Eggers is definitely a film-maker who I trust.

• Like 2

The visual language and story beats convey everything from “The Seventh Seal” to “Solaris” to “The Shining,” but the closest point of comparison is actually Bela Tarr’s apocalyptic “The Turin Horse,”      https://www.indiewire.com/2019/05/the-lighthouse-review-robert-pattinson-cannes-2019-1202142861/

How do you guys feel about this? Can a movie really be great if it takes inspiration from so many amazing films of the past? It doesn't really sit well with me

• ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 2

33 minutes ago, Alli said:

How do you guys feel about this? Can a movie really be great if it takes inspiration from so many amazing films of the past? It doesn't really sit well with me

u gotta be kidding me

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

9 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

A24 better not hold this back for over a year like they did The Witch. They don't have anything actually scheduled post July 12 so anywhere from August to October would be good.

Isn't The Batman supposed to begin filming before the end of the year? I imagine they'll get it out before then so that he'll actually have time to do some promotion for this.

Edited by filmlover

Wow those Cannes reactions are fantastic! I thought this might be too out there but with these reactions and an October/November release date this could be an awards contender. A24's biggest mistake last year was releasing their best and most accessible films in the summer period, and with The Farewell playing so early I'm hoping it means they're saving something for awards season. Might be too weird for the Academy's taste but we'll see. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Morieris said:

It was vaguely on my radar, but I liked Dafoe in AEG. Hope we get a trailer soon & this + TF are hits for A24.

DaFoe was in Endgame?

EDIT: Never mind. I found out what AEG actually stands for. Stupid Marvel

Edited by CoolEric258

58 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

DaFoe was in Endgame?

EDIT: Never mind. I found out what AEG actually stands for. Stupid Marvel

Okay I was thinking the exact same thing as you.