Jake Gittes

The Lighthouse | Robert Eggers' follow-up to The Witch | Awesome Analog Black & White FILM Technology | Willem Dafoe, Robert Pattinson | October 18, 2019

2 hours ago, Barnack said:

Having never watching any of those shows, why ? Are they not successful business and family people ?

I don't know if it's a culture thing Barnack but no, not many people respect the Kardashians, at least here in North America. Thank God they're not on pretty much every magazine cover and all over the news - they've been replaced by President Trump in that regard - anymore. 

1 minute ago, JB33 said:

I don't know if it's a culture thing Barnack but no, not many people respect the Kardashians, at least here in North America. Thank God they're not on pretty much every magazine cover and all over the news - they've been replaced by President Trump in that regard - anymore. 

I obviously know that, my question (as I have never watched what they do) what was they were sending has a negative message into the world and setting bad example, they did seem to be successful entrepreneur with strong family values ?

They barely if ever made the news I watch/listen/read that seam like a made up things (or a gross exaggeration of the word news, TMZ-dailymail isn't news).

Just now, filmlover said:

The Futurist's crusade against the snob movie (whatever the fuck that's supposed to be) is what we get for allowing mother! to bomb almost two years ago.

Han's crusade could not go unpunished.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Ok, you won.

Snobery is a fake news I just invented.

My bad.

Someday you’re gonna realise that your snobbery rants are describing yourself better than anyone else here and hopefully you’ll get the help you need.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Barnack said:

I obviously know that, my question (as I have never watched what they do) what was they were sending has a negative message into the world and setting bad example, they did seem to be successful entrepreneur with strong family values ?

They barely if ever made the news I watch/listen/read that seam like a made up things (or a gross exaggeration of the word news, TMZ-dailymail isn't news).

There are a few things, one I think is about placing importance on your looks (Kim Kardashian having massive implants for example)

Also I think people dislike them because they are "famous for being famous", i.e. they don't actually do anything of importance and yet people care about them. You might call kylie(?) jenner an entrepeneur for having a rich and valuable business but she didn't build her brand herself, they make money off of people knowing who they are.

Kim Kardashian is also well known originally (or at least one of the first things) for a sex video.

And they became famous in the first place because the Kardashians were the legal team defending OJ Simpson.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MrPink said:

Han's crusade could not go unpunished.

Bitch. If people supported Aronofsky's religious allegory, all your auteur films would've been hits. Booksmart, Midsommar, the whole fuckin gang would've been 100M grossers. But nah, instead y'all decided to see Disney flicks.

Now, Willem Dafoe going full on Captain Ahab? That will make money. Don't disappoint me, casuals. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Bitch. If people supported Aronofsky's religious allegory, all your auteur films would've been hits. Booksmart, Midsommar, the whole fuckin gang would've been 100M grossers. But nah, instead y'all decided to see Disney flicks.

Now, Willem Dafoe going full on Captain Ahab? That will make money. Don't disappoint me, casuals. 

You’ve pretty much seen all the Disney flicks in release since Mother’s release 🤔

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Weren’t you stanning for The Lion King a few weeks back?

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, MrPink said:

You’ve pretty much seen all the Disney flicks in release since Mother’s release 🤔

14 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Even Nutcracker?

64583992.jpg

Havent seen Nutcracker or WIT.

12 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

Weren’t you stanning for The Lion King a few weeks back?

No. I was very indifferent on everything about it

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Avatree said:

There are a few things, one I think is about placing importance on your looks (Kim Kardashian having massive implants for example)

Also I think people dislike them because they are "famous for being famous", i.e. they don't actually do anything of importance and yet people care about them. You might call kylie(?) jenner an entrepeneur for having a rich and valuable business but she didn't build her brand herself, they make money off of people knowing who they are.

Kim Kardashian is also well known originally (or at least one of the first things) for a sex video.

And they became famous in the first place because the Kardashians were the legal team defending OJ Simpson.

Bingo. Thank you for summing up all this. I meant to reply to Barnack with some of the things you mentioned but I forgot to get around to it. 

And "famous for being famous" is exactly the phrase I was going to use. That's how most people think of them and that's why I called them the most useless of all the rich people in the world. They really offer nothing of substance, which is okay - not everyone is required to be a saint - if you're not absolute media attention whores.