That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-thursday-night-preview-box-office-1202291093/

As of right now, sources tell us that the Ryan Coogler-directed movie about Marvel’s Black superhero T’Challa is on a course to make $22M-$24M tonight. This would rank as the third best Thursday preview night for a Marvel title after Avengers: Age of Ultron ($27.6M) and Captain America: Civil War ($25M). On the high-end it’s nearly double the $12.7M what Deadpool posted prior to its record February four-day weekend of $152.1M. These early estimates for Black Panther are exclusively from Deadline, so if you see them reported by a rival trade, they got them from us.

Big opening post about black panther

*poster here*

*insert joke about @WrathOfHan here*

Don’t get crazy folks.

giphy.gif&key=aa838ad1387465409d1eea4236

=========================================

From the staff

DO NOT POST SPOILERS. NOT EVEN SPOILERS UNDER SPOILER TAGS. 

The 

This weekend, posting a spoiler will result in an immediate Box Office Discussion Forum ban. You will not be given a warning.

Please take all plot talk to the Spoiler thread.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 8

$24M

$65.5M ($89.5M OD)

$80.4M

$63.7M

$233.6M OW

This isn't even unrealistic btw.  It's following Deadpool's drops with The Great Wall's Sunday drop since Deadpool's Sunday was inflated with Valentine's Day

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 5

I'll do something comps using the middle of the range (23) for 3-day

Avengers - 255M

Civil War - 165M

Ragnarok - 194.6M

Deadpool - 239M

Thr Hunger Games - 177.6M

Catching Fire - 145M

Rogue One - 123M

Guardians 2 - 198.2M

It - 209M

• Astonished 3

How insane would it be that the movie that could finally beat the Avengers opening for Marvel isn't another avengers movie, but a Black Panther movie???

To think, it's totally possible that Marvel breaks its own record twice this year :ohmygod:

Edited by DAJK
  • Like 1
  • Astonished 6

4 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Poor Slambros. I feel bad I really do. If this had been an obnoxious user I would have never let it go. But I like the guy and think he's got a genuine hear and interest in box office.

I think it's time to start the Slambros Funniest User BOFFY campaign. Least we can do for the kid at this point. 

Edited by MrGamer