That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

30 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

There can be more than one popular female lead superhero!

True.

And I think that CM will indeed open to 150 million.

Never doubt the MCU.

Then WW2 will be the second solo-superheroine film to break 150-plus OW in 2019...

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

It's tougher for actors with foreign accents. For example, Marion Cotillard has never become a big star in US and the same is true of other French actresses. Bardem and Cruz (Spaniards) work a lot but have never become Cruise/Julia or anywhere close. It's easier for Australians (Margot) and Brits (anyone from Kaluuya to Keira) to fake American accent for some reason. But yes, if you look objectively, there hasn't been an accented Hollywood star since Arnie. Accent Actors can have long and prosper careers just not the super super star league (the wonder from Austria excluded).

She doesn’t have a strong foreign accent though where you can clearly tell where she’s from. It’s like a mixture or transatlantic like Alicia Vikander who has gotten more lead roles as well. 

2 hours ago, feasby007 said:

It seems most colleges have Spring break for a week sometime between now and late March. Obviously not equivalent to summer or winter, but may be somewhat useful

Spring Break is the beginning of March at the earliest. 

Edited by PenguinHyphy

6 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Black Panther OW predictions from the Winter Game:

That One Guy: 140M

Empire: 132M

grey ghost: 125M

Fancyarcher: 120M

Kalo: 120M

WrathOfHan: 120M

The Panda: 112.4M

damnitgeorge08: 112M

Telemachos: 103M

Alfred: 102M

aabattery: 100.69M

DamienRoc: 100M

Simionski: 100M

TalismanRing: 100M

YourMother: 100M

ZeeSoh: 100M

sakskidz: 96M

bcf26: 90M

Spaghetti: 90M

Wrath: 88M

Chasmmi: 87.5M

JJ-8: 86.4M

kayumanggi: 85M

glassfairy: 65M

i still get points for being the closest!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Great Scott - what a Saturday, even if it drops a bit to what Guru put up (65m) we are still talking about a number that is as big as Captain America's OW Debut in 2011...... in one day.

Fantastic holds otherwise this weekend as well considering a 200m behemoth entered the fray and sucked up all the dead air. 

Makes me sad that I wont get to see Panther until video probably since I have seen all the cultural zeitgeist films on OW going back to Pirates. 

Also - randomness, finally watched IT last night - effective film! Looking forward to chapter 2.

I wonder who was calling a 200M OW before you guys were 🤔

On 1/28/2018 at 10:34 PM, That One Guy said:

$200M OPENING WEEKEND INCOMING

On 1/10/2018 at 9:36 AM, That One Guy said:

200M OW.  Quote me when I'm right.

On 2/9/2018 at 1:23 PM, That One Guy said:

$200M for the 3-day

On 1/10/2018 at 9:50 AM, That One Guy said:

I definitely think 200M for the 4-day is possible.  This is gonna be a huuuuuggggeee breakout

:thinking:

I was laughed at for these predictions and they ended up being right 🤔 :thinking: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, babz06 said:

She doesn’t have a strong foreign accent though where you can clearly tell where she’s from. It’s like a mixture or transatlantic like Alicia Vikander who has gotten more lead roles as well. 

I have a feeling that Lupita will have a longer career precisely because Vikander rushed to headline TR which may not be a big hit.

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

I wonder who was calling a 200M OW before you guys were 🤔

I was laughed at for these predictions and they ended up being right 🤔 :thinking: 

I admire your willingness to really rub in the "I told you so"  :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Exactly. Timing is everything. There are many actors who burned out by trying to become big stars too soon. Long range game is everything. Look at Forest and Angela, for example. Still working, relevant which is very important when you hit certain age and casting opportunities shrink.

Angela Bassett is the perfect example. For instance, She turned down the role that won Halle Berry the Oscar. Now glance at where her career is and then glance at where Halle Berry's career is. It is all about longevity. Too many people believe their own hype and then burn out. Halle Berry is one of the biggest examples of that.