That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

36 minutes ago, babz06 said:

She doesn’t have a strong foreign accent though where you can clearly tell where she’s from. It’s like a mixture or transatlantic like Alicia Vikander who has gotten more lead roles as well. 

That Tomb Raider movies appears to be atrocious, so she might not be receive those roles anymore. 

6 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

Angela Bassett is the perfect example. For instance, She turned down the role that won Halle Berry the Oscar. Now glance at where her career is and then glance at where Halle Berry's career is. It is all about longevity. Too many people believe their own hype and then burn out. Halle Berry is one of the biggest examples of that. 

Eh, I'd say the careers for both at the moment are fine for black actresses over 50 (not like there's a ton of roles out there for them). Most of Bassett's high-profile employment this decade has come from Ryan Murphy.

🤔 :thinking: 

On 1/29/2018 at 3:30 AM, Porthos said:

Hey everyone, finally found @CJohn's alt account! RebWGyw.png

On 1/29/2018 at 11:40 AM, ZeeSoh said:

Surely you are taking the piss

Therw is no way this opens to 210, not even for the 4 day. 

On 1/29/2018 at 11:46 AM, eddyxx said:

Ok enough with the joke predictions!

https://youtu.be/QQPfPEJsswI

On 1/29/2018 at 6:15 PM, eddyxx said:

All the sarcasm in this thread is getting old.

On 1/10/2018 at 11:00 AM, ck5111 said:

oGk8R_s-200x150.gif?c=popkey-web&p=usa_n

On 1/10/2018 at 11:13 AM, ck5111 said:

That was 2 years ago, presales are much more popular now...

I'd say 150M is the ceiling 

On 1/10/2018 at 1:01 PM, KeepItU25071906 said:

I think we see your and others overhype again. 

People never learns...

We should just wait for first forecasts.

On 1/10/2018 at 11:09 AM, That One Guy said:

Presales have become more prevalent in the past few years so it won’t necessarily open that high, but there’s definitely precedent for it to go that high.

I’m thinking a 180M OW right now and you can quote me when I’m wrong

(i bumped that because it was wrong.  it went way over 180M OW)

On 1/10/2018 at 11:16 AM, KJsooner said:

BP will gross ow around 120-130 million. I have a hard time seeing it reach 180 million ow. That’d be insane.

On 1/26/2018 at 12:56 AM, Porthos said:

I hope to hell for your expectation's sakes that these are 4-day OW predictions and not 3-day:o

🤔 :thinking:

(sorry for being petty :lol:)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

Just now, fabiopazzo2 said:

Any chance for BP in this moment to reach 200M? 

Would take a ridiculous Sunday hold IF the 194 is correct. Deadpool had Valentines on it's Sunday which big-time inflated it's gross / weekend so do not use it as a comp. However, what we have seen in times past is unusually strong Sundays after huge Saturdays due to spill-over so anything is really possible.

3 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So a C-list character from the public's standpoint made more than Avengers 2 and Civil War OW.

:kitschjob:

And made the top 5 OW in history.

Yep shouldn't this be proof positive that Marvel can build any character up into almost anything they want?

And shouldn't it also prove that past is not prologue when it comes to financial predictions.  The past performance of whatever is not indicative of what's possible.  They've created new ceilings now.  That's the new reality we are in.

This means that IW predictions are probably low.  AoU and IW are not at all the same thing, or very related when it comes to performance potential.

AMW needs to be reevaluated.  And Cap Marvel could open to a 200m weekend for all we know.

None of that is crazy now.  It's all realistically possible and then some.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Would take a ridiculous Sunday hold IF the 194 is correct. Deadpool had Valentines on it's Sunday which big-time inflated it's gross / weekend so do not use it as a comp. However, what we have seen in times past is unusually strong Sundays after huge Saturdays due to spill-over so anything is really possible.

Thanks

Just now, That One Guy said:

Don't make me pull up my predictions for It, Split, and Jumanji :) 

LOL so Once a quarter???  :D everyone has a film or two they put belief in when no one else saw it or saw the same thing. But that is the fun in outlandish crazy predictions when one works / sticks the landing it's a lot of fun. Shall we begin pulling up all the ones you were wrong about? (Although I doubt anyone is as bad off as @WrathOfHan was for Mother!)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1