That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Just now, narniadis said:

LOL so Once a quarter???  :D everyone has a film or two they put belief in when no one else saw it or saw the same thing. But that is the fun in outlandish crazy predictions when one works / sticks the landing it's a lot of fun. Shall we begin pulling up all the ones you were wrong about? (Although I doubt anyone is as bad off as @WrathOfHan was for Mother!)

Most of my bad predictions are my clubs.  Which tend to be crazily outlandish just for the fun of it anyway.  I can pull up a lot of predictions that I've been right about if you wanna bring up my bad predictions.

The point here is that I've been calling $200M OW for Black Panther before a lot of people were and I was laughed at :lol: 

4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

LOL so Once a quarter???  :D everyone has a film or two they put belief in when no one else saw it or saw the same thing. But that is the fun in outlandish crazy predictions when one works / sticks the landing it's a lot of fun. Shall we begin pulling up all the ones you were wrong about? (Although I doubt anyone is as bad off as @WrathOfHan was for Mother!)

Well, there was the Samson guy.

• Haha 1

Black Panther was great. Felt fresh and exciting. 

Marvel still can’t do intimidating villains and the first two action scenes are a mess, can barely see what was happening.

But a great lead performance, great sets and Danai, Lupita and Letitia were fire.

Nice to see female heroes actually interact with each other and work together in a Marvel film :lol:

4/5

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Most of my bad predictions are my clubs.  Which tend to be crazily outlandish just for the fun of it anyway.  I can pull up a lot of predictions that I've been right about if you wanna bring up my bad predictions.

The point here is that I've been calling $200M OW for Black Panther before a lot of people were and I was laughed at :lol: 

Dude many people are as well - doesn't make you a lone wolf :lol: enjoy your prediction being right - its a nice feeling (Baumer and I were in the same boat back in 2008/09 with Twilight 1&2). We laugh at lots of outlandish predictions all the time :) hence why I am always willing to eat crow when I am wrong (most recently with Jedi.)

• Like 1

http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-thursday-night-preview-box-office-1202291093/

Disney will be releasing their figures any minute, but industry estimates are indicating a $195.5M three-day for Marvel’s Black Panther and a $227M 4-day. That four-day is a wild number, some have it as low as $222M and others well north of $230M. Saturday raked in $66.4M. 

Screen Engine/ComScore PostTrak reports 37% African Americans attending, followed by 35% Caucasian, 18% Hispanic and 5% Asian. Still 95% overall positive. 18-24 demo was very huge at 36%.

• Like 2

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

http://deadline.com/2018/02/black-panther-thursday-night-preview-box-office-1202291093/

Disney will be releasing their figures any minute, but industry estimates are indicating a $195.5M three-day for Marvel’s Black Panther and a $227M 4-day. That four-day is a wild number, some have it as low as $222M and others well north of $230M. Saturday raked in $66.4M. 

Screen Engine/ComScore PostTrak reports 37% African Americans attending, followed by 35% Caucasian, 18% Hispanic and 5% Asian. Still 95% overall positive. 18-24 demo was very huge at 36%.

My audience was so diverse yesterday. Not at all surprised.

• Like 1

Just now, Biggestgeekever said:

:ohmygod:

5 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Black Panther was great. Felt fresh and exciting. 

Marvel still can’t do intimidating villains and the first two action scenes are a mess, can barely see what was happening.

But a great lead performance, great sets and Danai, Lupita and Letitia were fire.

Nice to see female heroes actually interact with each other and work together in a Marvel film :lol:

4/5

I loved it as well. It’s doing really great here in the Netherlands and a LOT of the shows are sold out.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

BREAKING NEWS: Beyonce to replace Gal Gadot in Wonder Woman 2!

I'd love that.  Beyonce seems so fake and lacking in wit, charm and humanity.  Wonder Woman doing nothing but striking "fierce" poses would open the world's eyes to how dull Beyonce is. 

• Like 1

At my screening Black Panther was such a mixed bag of different races and age especially ages with Marvel movies its usually a group of teens with young male adults but the amount of older women and young girls was refreshing cuz they actually know how to act

• Like 1