That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

5 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

sorry, I meant the (flop) The Last Jedi at $241,565,957 / 4

252 4-Day BP Vs 241 4-Day TLJ

That would shatter TLJ.

Also, TLJ suffered from one of the worst multipliers in cinematic history. So Black Panther should do at least 750 or 800 with a above average multiplier, correct?

I never thought I would see the day that a comic book movie had a chance to beat a SW SAGA films DOM and WW

Amazing. Everything you just said was wrong.

Like for real. Almost all of it. Black Panther's 4-day is gonna be around 230M. TLJ doesn't have one of the worst multipliers in cinematic history. It's not good for a December release, but in terms of blockbusters it's on the upper end of things. And it's not a flop.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

That would shatter TLJ.

Also, TLJ suffered from one of the worst multipliers in cinematic history. So Black Panther should do at least 750 or 800 with a above average multiplier, correct?

I never thought I would see the day that a comic book movie had a chance to beat a SW SAGA films DOM and WW

:winomg:

Also, Spider-Man beat Episode 2 DOM and WW

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

28 minutes ago, MyMovieCanBeatUpYourMovie said:

My now 100-year-old grandfather went to see Wonder Woman. 

I'll have to ask him next time I see him if he went to see Black Panther.

My grandparents (87 and 89) went to see Wonder Woman (after not being interested in any film since Titanic) and acted like teenagers during the weeks leading up to that. It was so cute watching them fangasm over a character that they both loved...

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Chad Stevens said:

That would shatter TLJ.

Dude, take a step back.  It's okay to praise BP, but don't do it at the expense of a film that is far from a flop and when all is said and done will more than likely make more than BP both domestic and WW.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes we think that we have two choices to make in Africa," he wrote this month in The Star newspaper. "Choice one: We maintain our traditions and cultures and stay backward forever. Choice two: We modernize by becoming westernized and forgetting our cultural traditions which, by their very nature so we think, are stuck in the past. The experience of the Wakanda people teaches us otherwise."

It's not just a superhero movie, folks.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-black-panther-africa-20180217-story,amp.html

17 minutes ago, baumer said:

Dude, take a step back.  It's okay to praise BP, but don't do it at the expense of a film that is far from a flop and when all is said and done will more than likely make more than BP both domestic and WW.

If anything you’d think he’d be celebrating tlj success given how diverse the cast is. He seems to really loves that diversity. 

Chad Stevens - the whitest name on earth, diversity champion. 

Edited by Ghostbusters!
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Goffe said:

quick, someone link those colonialism Thor thinkpieces

You never seize the moment to take a shot at MCU films. Most burn your jets to see them continue to be successful. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Lol, that’s like the most lowballed Sunday estimate ever for BP. Weekend actuals could be up 7-10m. What’s the record for most an estimate has been off?

Called it. 

And anyone know the answer to my question at the end? BP estimates may be off by $10m.

20 minutes ago, Goffe said:

quick, someone link those colonialism Thor thinkpieces

If you read the article you'd see the film is transforming how many Africans view themselves and is deeply impacting them emotionally.

It's not a thinkpiece overanalysis like the Thor 3 stuff that most people paid little attention to.

But if I attack you for being a partisan misanthrope troll, people are going to defend you for "simply having an innocent opinion" like they always do for whatever reason.

Edited by grey ghost
  • Like 1