Jump to content
That One Guy

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, ban1o said:

can someone explain this logic to me. Sorry I missed this board during tlj's release. Wasn't TFA also very diverse with an amazing multiplier and generally really well liked by general audiences? How is TLJ being "diverse" the reason for it's poor word of mouth. 

TLJ had an extra minority and an extra lady.

 

But the lady had purple hipster hair so the evil leftist agenda is pretty clear.

 

Oh and a black kisses and Chinamen.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Wrath said:

I’m guessing Rose’s fault?

oh so they disliked rose's character? to be honest I thought TLJ was poor because Finn, Po and rose were completely inconsequential to the plot and they didn't give Luke a good send off. That's what I'm thinking the majority of people had a problem with. But did people really hate rose that much lol? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aabattery said:

 

"non-Disney estimates before tracking believe Black Panther will post a $80M-$85M start with a possible shot at $100M-plus."

 

tumblr_mv3evzs5CI1s7dhr7o2_500.gif

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Before everyone forgets how normal weekend operate next week won't have the 25m in Previews or the holiday-monday holding up the Sunday total.

 

At best it gets a 50% drop next week. Don't point to TFA, it's not an applicable hold at all.

 

running some rough numbers based on a 30m monday and giving better drops than Deadpool gets to around 98m (based on a 60m Sunday this week.) Now it could go all crazy and do things we have never seen before - but there is a reality to how Sundays behave without a holiday to prop it up AND the lack of previews to goose the gross.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ban1o said:

oh so they disliked rose's character? to be honest I thought TLJ was poor because Finn, Po and rose were completely inconsequential to the plot and they didn't give Luke a good send off. That's what I'm thinking the majority of people had a problem with. But did people really hate rose that much lol? 

weird how a bunch of diverse characters in rogue one didn't elicit much reaction lol. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Avengers should definitley be shaking in its boots as far as holding onto its domestic cbm crown. 

 

36 minutes ago, Giesi said:

I don‘t want TFA to lose all the records:(

 

31 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Panther over TLJ :ohmygod:

damn I'm sure the studio that makes these movies is gonna be crushed

  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, aabattery said:
Quote

Currently, non-Disney estimates before tracking believe Black Panther will post a $80M-$85M start with a possible shot at $100M-plus.

 

It’ll do more than double this. :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rebeccas said:

weird how a bunch of diverse characters in rogue one didn't elicit much reaction lol. 

yeah fanboys liked Rogue One I thought and that was very diverse as well. I'm confused that "diversity" is the reason being given for The Last Jedi's poor performance lol. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BP could have the legs to get into the top 10 ($488m). Wow
Maze Runner 3 will be profitable due to a great OS run. 
TGS will be profitable too. Reaching $180m DOM
Jumanji will surpass $400m. Wow

50 Shades 3 will be profitable. 

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Before everyone forgets how normal weekend operate next week won't have the 25m in Previews or the holiday-monday holding up the Sunday total.

 

At best it gets a 50% drop next week. Don't point to TFA, it's not an applicable hold at all.

 

running some rough numbers based on a 30m monday and giving better drops than Deadpool gets to around 98m (based on a 60m Sunday this week.) Now it could go all crazy and do things we have never seen before - but there is a reality to how Sundays behave without a holiday to prop it up AND the lack of previews to goose the gross.

 

True, but BP’s run has been crazy and I expect that too continue. BP has no real competition till maybe ready player one. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ban1o said:

oh so they disliked rose's character? to be honest I thought TLJ was poor because

Spoiler

Finn, Po and rose were completely inconsequential to the plot and they didn't give Luke a good send off.

That's what I'm thinking the majority of people had a problem with. But did people really hate rose that much lol? 

2
2

I don't get this.

Spoiler

He had the most badass send off of any character in my opinion. Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Vader, Han, all lackluster compared to Luke's.

 

Edited by lancelot123
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s dropping 35% or less tomorrow. The spillover effect here is huge. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sliver Legion said:

“TLJ is doing so poorly because of an unnecessary and divisive push for ‘diversity,’ if only Disney pandered less to SJWs it would have done so much better at the box office.”     

The hell is this? No one with any kind of credibility is saying this is why TLJ "failed". Giving attention to absurd opinions like this is only feeding the bullshit narrative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm def curious about how much it can pull in tomorrow, and then we can't forget about cheap Tuesday  waiting in the on-deck circle.

 

 

  • Like 7
  • Astonished 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, lancelot123 said:

I don't get this. He had the most badass send off of any character in my opinion. Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Vader, Han, all lackluster compared to Luke's.

I mean granted those all sucked.. so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will find it ironic if for some reason Panther pulls an American Sniper which just inexplicably falls apart from weekend 3 onwards.... (not saying it will, just looking at other out of the blue huge grossing films and their legs.)

 

I doubt it falls apart for sure, but I would rather be surprised and pleased by great legs / daily numbers than suffer TLJ all over again :apocalypse:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Black Panther Number One of the year Dom is a foregone conclusion.

  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, narniadis said:

I will find it ironic if for some reason Panther pulls an American Sniper which just inexplicably falls apart from weekend 3 onwards.... (not saying it will, just looking at other out of the blue huge grossing films and their legs.)

 

I doubt it falls apart for sure, but I would rather be surprised and pleased by great legs / daily numbers than suffer TLJ all over again :apocalypse:

I don't think you need to worry about that (hopefully). WOM looks to be much less divisive then TLJ. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

Can we even compare a December movie's legs to a February movie? December usually gives a movie bigger legs. TLJ would have certainly had worse legs in the summer.

Can we compare the multi of one of the most divisive blockbusters of the decade with that of one that is indicative of some of the best early WOM we’ve ever seen? No you’re right, it is a bad comparison, clearly BP is going to beat TLJ’s multi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.