That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

If it breaks the Sunday record it should have ~202, so a 2nd weekend drop of TA or JW gets it above 100.     

If you take BP’s actual performance and just totally chop off the first 7 days, you might get weekends and a total that match the early predictions reasonably well :ohmygod:

If you had told me in 1995 that this everyday kid from the 864 would go on to star in a superhero movie that makes $200 million dollars in only 3 days while launching a cultural phenomenon and a bopping soundtrack, I'd be like, "lol yeah that'll happen, uh huh. And let me guess - Disney will be distributing it. HA, okay. And I bet Donald Trump will be the President too."

Chadwick-Boseman-playing-basketball-in-y

19727100-19727100.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;cente

• Like 5
  • Haha 6

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Black Panther Number One of the year Dom is a foregone conclusion.

Well, let's let the other 11 months play out a little:)...but if all those folks who thought I was nuts a few months ago for saying I didn't think any summer movie would win DOM this year now want to join my bandwagon...well, I won't stop you:)...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Well, let's let the other 11 months play out a little:)...but if all those folks who thought I was nuts a few months ago for saying I didn't think any summer movie would win DOM this year now want to join my bandwagon...well, I won't stop you:)...

Yeah, Alita does release this year after all.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Black Panther Number One of the year Dom is a foregone conclusion.

Depends on the reception of IW. Movie is going to break all kinds of opening records. If MCU gives us another film like this or TA1 with IW, there is no way the multi won’t be good no matter how monstrous the opening is. Think 2015 all over again with JW and TFA.

7 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

If you had told me in 1995 that this everyday kid from the 864 would go on to star in a superhero movie that makes $200 million dollars in only 3 days while launching a cultural phenomenon and a bopping soundtrack, I'd be like, "lol yeah that'll happen, uh huh. And let me guess - Disney will be distributing it. HA, okay. And I bet Donald Trump will be the President too.”

And about that soundtrack

Black Panther: The Album debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart, launching with 154,000 equivalent album units earned in the week ending Feb. 15, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum, 52,000 are in traditional album sales.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/8205904/black-panther-album-billboard-200-chart-no-1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Astonished 1

8 minutes ago, Deja23 said:

Now we just need All the Stars to hit #1, then Panther will own the first movie/song/album trifecta since Fast 7. Probably won't happen because God's Plan is killing it, but 2/3 aint bad.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Now we just need All the Stars to hit #1, then Panther will own the first movie/song/album trifecta since Fast 7. Probably won't happen because God's Plan is killing it, but 2/3 aint bad.

SHE SAY ARE YOU CHARTING
I TELL HER ONLY PARTLY

Sunday's bigger than true Friday.

Wonder Woman managed that easily but with smaller numbers. TA, TFA, JW did not. TLJ and CW fell well short:

Movie   True-Fri   Sun    (numbers rounded to 0.5 multiples)

WW  25    30

BP  50.5   60  (splitting #1 and #2 biggest Sundays for now)

TFA  62    60.5

TA   62     57

JW  63.5  57

TLJ  60     51

CW  50.5  42

BVS 54     34  (Easter Friday and Sunday make this unfair but worth a chuckle, eh)

Edited by a2knet
ADDING CW and BVS
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

46 minutes ago, ban1o said:

oh so they disliked rose's character? to be honest I thought TLJ was poor because Finn, Po and rose were completely inconsequential to the plot and they didn't give Luke a good send off. That's what I'm thinking the majority of people had a problem with. But did people really hate rose that much lol? 

Alt right didn't find her attractive enough and she kissed a black guy and I believe there was something about her being anti capitalist.

• Haha 1