That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

6 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Is Spider-man Into the Spider-verse going to get a bump from Black Panther fans?

Depends entirely on how Sony markets it. Disney and Feige saw the waves Wonder Woman made and promptly went about positioning BP to be a similar phenomenon. Debuting the first BP trailer debut just a couple of weeks post Wondy's release was a masterstroke. If Sony plays their cards anywhere as well and emphasizes how and why an African-American/Latino Spider-Man is revolutionary and how anybody can see themselves as Spider-Man (which in many ways is the point of Spider-Verse), then yeah, it could be a WW/BP on a smaller scale (assuming the impact of an animated superhero film will be muted as compared to a live action superhero film).

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I honestly think Black Panther is going to around 620 million and beat Infinity War. Y'all really thing those 50 year old black folk who saw Black Panther are going to see Infinity War? My mom loved /Black Panther but no way on earth is she going to see Infinity War (she has nothing against marvel or superhero films but she won't understand it)  She's only seen GOTG 1 and Iron Man 1. And maybe Ant Man at my brother's birthday party. 

While I do think IW will get a slight bump from BP and open over 200M OW, there’s no chance of it having the type of legs required to top it DOM.

I think the ceiling for IW is around 500M DOM but at the end it won’t matter much as it will make up any difference OS. 

Marvel will win big with both movies DOM and WW.

Edited by ProtoMan
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, ban1o said:

I honestly think Black Panther is going to around 620 million and beat Infinity War. Y'all really thing those 50 year old black folk who saw Black Panther are going to see Infinity War? My mom loved /Black Panther but no way on earth is she going to see Infinity War (she has nothing against marvel or superhero films but she won't understand it)  She's only seen GOTG 1 and Iron Man 1. And maybe Ant Man at my brother's birthday party. 

Yep, this thing is gonna be leggy and while Thumbfinity War will probably open higher I think it's gonna finish minimum 50M below Panther

Still HUGE for War but Panther is something extra, yknow

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deathlife said:

I guess it’s too late now to give Ryan Coogler Star Wars IX.

They should consider giving some movies though. He can’t be worse than J.J. Abrams or even Rian Johnson.

Kennedy would hire him because of his vision and then fire him because his vision didn't match hers. Why would Coogler subject himself to that nonsense?

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Nobody?

You like this quote, and understandably. But actually looking through that thread we can see that 200 was a 4-day prediction, accompanying 180 3-day. So while it’s the best prediction I’ve seen from that far back, even it was off by 20/30+

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Alexiswills12 said:

and the film’s score by that white dude was everything. Get him some more opportunities as well. 

Ludwig Goransson was the composer and he's scored all of Ryan Coogler's films so far.

Fun Fact: Goransson was also the main composer for Community where the Russo Brothers got Feige's attention from.

Just now, The Futurist said:

BOT HAZ SPOKEN.

Avengers Infnity Wars is already a disapointment.

Literally everyone on this page: "This in no way makes Infinity War a disappointment, but I think Panther will gross more"

• Like 4
  • Haha 2