That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

3 minutes ago, Sliver Legion said:

If BP and IW place 1 and 2 this year, somehow I doubt Feige will sweat the exact order too much.    

Also, when are we expecting BP2? It’s clearly a big time franchise now, so presumably May 2021?

What's the schedule?

2019 Capt Marvel, 4vengers, Spider-Man Goes 2 Wakanda

2020 Guardians 3, Something New, Doctor Stranger

I got that right?

Also I feel like Feb is fine for it, dunno if they'd mess with something that worked THIS well

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

That 200M prediction was one of my first.  For this gif to work, the very first bat thingy he threw would have to hit first or second.  Hitting it last implies that my prediction that I made latest was the correct one

The first bat thingy is your Valerian prediction tho

• Haha 1

After WW outgrossed JL I’ve learned to not be surprised that team up movies are now not making as much as groundbreaking solo films. Avengers was fresh when it came out and as much as I love the MCU with these numbers BP > A:IW wouldn’t be too surprising. At least it won’t be a WW and JL sized gap. 

T’Challa has recorded the second best Sunday ever at the domestic B.O. with an estimated $59.55M per industry estimates tonight, filing behind the all-time record held by Disney/Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($60.5M on Dec. 20, 2015). This now pushes Black Panther to a 3-day between $201M-$202M; still the 5th best domestic 3-day opening of all-time after 2012’s Avengers ($207.4M).

But here’s where it gets wild: Rivals are literally forecasting that the Ryan Coogler-directed Marvel movie could take the record for the second best 4-day opening of all-time with $241M-$243M after Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($288M). In that case, Black Panther would slaughter the Friday-Monday hauls of Avengers ($226.3M) Jurassic World ($234.1M), and, yes, Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($241.6M).

woohoo!!!

deadline.com

Edited by Alexiswills12
  • Like 13
  • Astonished 7
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

3 minutes ago, Alexiswills12 said:

T’Challa has recorded the second best Sunday ever at the domestic B.O. with an estimated $59.55M per industry estimates tonight, filing behind the all-time record held by Disney/Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($60.5M on Dec. 20, 2015).

FUDGE IT

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

My prediction for Valerian was 200M, and it made that.  Go check BOM.  225M worldwide.

I'm sure there's a trail of breadcrumbs all over the place but here's a DOM thread where you think it'll do 150m.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chewy said:

What's the schedule?

2019 Capt Marvel, 4vengers, Spider-Man Goes 2 Wakanda

2020 Guardians 3, Something New, Doctor Stranger

I got that right?

Also I feel like Feb is fine for it, dunno if they'd mess with something that worked THIS well

Stranger isn’t confirmed, 2020 non-sequel speculated to be Black Widow, but yeah that’s pretty much correct.     

Marvl tends to move franchises that have done well in a non May date to May for the next time, but they could also keep it in the late winter/early spring slot.   

I wonder what the first year with 4 films will be, hopefully 2020 or 2021.

9 minutes ago, Alexiswills12 said:

T’Challa has recorded the second best Sunday ever at the domestic B.O. with an estimated $59.55M per industry estimates tonight, filing behind the all-time record held by Disney/Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($60.5M on Dec. 20, 2015). This now pushes Black Panther to a 3-day between $201M-$202M; still the 5th best domestic 3-day opening of all-time after 2012’s Avengers ($207.4M).

But here’s where it gets wild: Rivals are literally forecasting that the Ryan Coogler-directed Marvel movie could take the record for the second best 4-day opening of all-time with $241M-$243M after Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($288M). In that case, Black Panther would slaughter the Friday-Monday hauls of Avengers ($226.3M) Jurassic World ($234.1M), and, yes, Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($241.6M).

woohoo!!!

deadline.com

To the competition: anigif_sub-buzz-2426-1465318402-3.gif

• Like 3