That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

22 minutes ago, Alexiswills12 said:

T’Challa has recorded the second best Sunday ever at the domestic B.O. with an estimated $59.55M per industry estimates tonight, filing behind the all-time record held by Disney/Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($60.5M on Dec. 20, 2015). This now pushes Black Panther to a 3-day between $201M-$202M; still the 5th best domestic 3-day opening of all-time after 2012’s Avengers ($207.4M).

But here’s where it gets wild: Rivals are literally forecasting that the Ryan Coogler-directed Marvel movie could take the record for the second best 4-day opening of all-time with $241M-$243M after Star Wars: The Force Awakens ($288M). In that case, Black Panther would slaughter the Friday-Monday hauls of Avengers ($226.3M) Jurassic World ($234.1M), and, yes, Star Wars: The Last Jedi ($241.6M).

woohoo!!!

deadline.com

Jeeeeeeesusss

2 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Now that Disney has to give Coogler anything that he asks for the sequel, who do we cast as Kraven?

Unfortunately Ian McShane is 75 years old, so maybe Mel Gibson/Pierce Brosnan?

I always thought of Javier Bardem as a good Kraven

11 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

I’m in for Infinity War under Black Panther domestic btw. 

Part of me is in, but the other part is telling me that Feige is so many steps ahead of us that he purposedly put T'challa up front and centre in IW to make things even up.

5 hours ago, Chewy said:

aa just casually reading through every post Sam's ever made no big deal

5 hours ago, aabattery said:

Helps me sleep.

Between these and the uncomfortable amount of posts spend over expressing his weird obsession with number 69, I might have to re-evaluate this friendship with @aabattery. Especially with him having mod power like now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Now that Disney has to give Coogler anything that he asks for the sequel, who do we cast as Kraven?

Unfortunately Ian McShane is 75 years old, so maybe Mel Gibson/Pierce Brosnan?

This would go over amazingly well with cast and crew I'm sure. Unless the goal is to get the actors to really display their actual hate for the villain on screen, then it might be genius

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Alexiswills12 said:

400 million in 3 days. :whosad:

Why sad emoji?

1 minute ago, LaughingEvans said:

Part of me is in, but the other part is telling me that Feige is so many steps ahead of us that he purposedly put T'challa up front and centre in IW to make things even up.

Feige playing 5-d chess with whole hollywood and world. What plan he have for ant-man 2? 

5 minutes ago, MrPink said:

This would go over amazingly well with cast and crew I'm sure. Unless the goal is to get the actors to really display their actual hate for the villain on screen, then it might be genius

Mel Gibson has never had any beef with POC. In fact, he and DG are still great friends. He made Apocalypto, a movie that pays great respect to tribal culture. 

He is not as hated as the media like you to think btw. He's had trouble, much like RDJ did. He's over that now.

1 minute ago, LaughingEvans said:

Mel Gibson has never had any beef with POC. In fact, he and DG are still great friends. He made Apocalypto, a movie that pays great respect to tribal culture. 

He is not as hated as the media like you to think btw. He's had trouble, much like RDJ did. He's over that now.

Look, I see a line in one of his rants about being raped by a pack of y'know, I'm just assume that not everybody is going to just let that slide, whether Whoopi Goldberg and Danny Glover do.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

Please correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he tell his girlfriend in those voice messages because her shorts were too short she was gonna r*ped by a pack of well (I don’t feel comfortable saying that) but yeah