That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

24 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Wait...

Second biggest Sunday ever and

They expect a freaking $40M Monday ?!?!?!?!? That would be absolutely amazing and could be the highest Monday ever:lol:

I to be honest didn't thought any film in the next years will come close to this. A part from TLJ (and that fell short by $13M:lol:) and probably Episode IX.

IKR? I’m on boxofficemojo.com and I still have to pinch myself to not seeing BP being compared to Spiderman and Thor but to the Avengers movies instead!

Incredible. 200M in 3 days, w/the 2nd biggest Sunday of all time and a contender for biggest Monday ever.

Ryan Coogler has just gained a free ticket to do whatever the fuck he wants from this point onwards.

MCU's gonna have two 200M+ DOM openers, two 400M+ DOM makers (still unsure about 500M for Infinity War cause legs will be tricky), and two 1B makers in the same year. Quite the historic run for their 10 year celebration. And for what's worth, Ant-Man 2 could capitalize on the momentum from BP/IW and overperform as well, which would only be the cherry on top of the cake.

• Like 2

I called this a long time ago on the BP threads. Just go and check it out. 

I said in the JL or Thor threads that Thor will beat JL everywhere and people laughed...

I was also one of the few ones who said that deadpool will easily do 100+ on the 3 day weekend at least 3 months before release. Again I was scoffed at...

I said kingsman 2 will drop from the first before the trailer even came out and after trailer I stuck to it. Once again...most laughed..

Bottom line is that those who eye roll/laugh at my predictions can go eat a humble pie.

You all should bow down to the king of comic book movie box office prediction. 

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, aabattery said:

Gitesh took a while to read the thread today.

looks like it

SUN for #BlackPanther finishing up well ahead of what #Disney estimated. $60M neighborhood, about $10M better than what studio thought. Global cume could end up 0.4A according to IronJimbo. Not as far behind TLJ as expected, which did 0.5A and had decidedly mixed wom. #WakandaForever

• Haha 9
  • Astonished 2

12 minutes ago, a2knet said:

looks like it

SUN for #BlackPanther finishing up well ahead of what #Disney estimated. $60M neighborhood, about $10M better than what studio thought. Global cume could end up 0.4A according to IronJimbo. Not as far behind TLJ as expected, which did 0.5A and had decidedly mixed wom. #WakandaForever

HAHAHAH is this real... laughed either way.

TLJ didn't make 0.5A tho, it's famously made <0.5A

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Haha 1

Black Panther is a phenomenon they say but.. it's not even the biggest superhero opening weekend. It's going to end up with less than 0.5A, nothing phenomenal about that, unless of course you're using a bastardised version of the word.

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Jeebus indeed.

I thought it was gonna be #2 but Portugal people are apparently #NotTrash and knew to give Fifty Shades a 60% drop or near that region. Me like that.

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Black Panther is a phenomenon they say but.. it's not even the biggest superhero opening weekend. It's going to end up with less than 0.5A, nothing phenomenal about that, unless of course you're using a bastardised version of the word.

3VwfviR.gif

• Like 9
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Jeebus indeed.

I thought it was gonna be #2 but Portugal people are apparently #NotTrash and knew to give Fifty Shades a 60% drop or near that region. Me like that.

Fifty Shades barely dropped. Last weekend it sold around 95.000 tickets :hahaha: the 191.000 tickets number you saw last Thursday was the 7 day total. It was also first place in tickets sold. Black Panther won because of the 4DX and IMAX ticket prices :hahaha: 

• Sad 1