That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

7 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

The takeaway from BP is that a black blockbuster (say that three times fast) is not a detriment and can still make a cozy amount of money like any other type of movie. Anyone who throws together another black superhero movie and expects an easy 170M OW is gonna be in for a disappointment. It's all proportional; BP is attached to a franchise that's bigger than Jesus at the moment. 

LOL.

A Falcon or War Machine solo movie will be lucky to make half what BP is making.

This movie has a distinct voice. A voice that has been waiting in duress for centuries to cry out.

No one is buying out theaters or busing hundreds of children to see a Falcon movie.

No offense Falcon fans. :sparta:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Yeah, I don't think you can simply throw a bunch of black actors together and get a huge hit. 

I think BP being attached to the Marvel franchise is why it was able to attract such a wide crowd because unfortunately a lot of people outside of the black demographic I think would dismiss it as a 'black peoples movie'.

You obviously can't do it with white actors either, lol.

• Thanks 2

Top Playdates 19-FEb
All BP

1-Regal Atlantic Station, Atlanta GA  mega boner
2-AMC Empire 25, NYC
3-AMC Lincoln Square, NYC
4-AMC Burbank
5-Pac Arclight Hollywood
(combined with El Capitan & TCL Chinese would just beat Atlantic by 10%)
6-Regal Court St, NYC
7-Regal Union Square, NYC
8-AMC Tyson Corner, Mclean VA
9-Regal Kaufman Astoria NY
10-Pac Pacific Grove, Los Angeles
11-AMC 34st, NYC
12-AMC Magic Johnson Harlem NY
13-Regal Sheepshead, Brooklyn NY
14-Regal New Roc City NY
15-Regal Live Stadium , Los Angeles
16-AMC Southlake, Morrow GA
17-Regal Irvine Spectrum
18-AMc Hoffman, Alexandra VA
19-AMC Metreon, San Francisco
20-Pac Glendale CA

Ontario Palace + Mills would rank #4

Top Canada
1-CPLX Scotiabank Toronto, 2-CPLX Queensway Etiobicoke ON, 3-CPLX Scotiabank Chinook Calgary, 4-CPLX Vaughan ON, 5-CPLX Banque Scotia Montreal

Edited by Rth Wakanda
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

8d027edc888c9eb9f9d4e5fb1f78a60d--lupita

I realized during BP that I hadn't seen her in anything since 12YAS. 

She did great voice work in Jungle Book (full of maternal warmth and wisdom). 

But I hadn't seen her face in anything since 12YAS (never saw that Disney chess movie she was in). 

It was nice to see her back on the big screen. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It just dawned on me but I don't think we've had a "legs" post from you in a long time. Time for another, sir. Even if none of them have reached the hilarity of the first one with the broken Superman toy.

Yeah, that's the reason why I've kept myself away from doing them, at least for a while: phenomenoms like the original legs post (it had like 30+ likes, which is entering Rth w/a jizztastic update territory) are always copied but never duplicated. A joke isn't as funny when you tell it the 2nd and 3rd time, you know :P

Still, there has been enough meat that a new update is warranted....... coming soon enough.