That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

lol I remember reading that shit it's gruesome.

There's one theater near me that plays a lot of really obscure indie stuff and that's the one it's playing at.  If you're not in the mood for Ichi the Killer, you can see Double Lover there, which apparently opens with a closeup shot of a vagina (which should tell you all you need to know)

Edited by That One Guy
  • Astonished 1

Proof from my theater that people hate 3D: The showing of BP 3D in 10 minutes has only sold 22/78 seats. The 2D show in 55 minutes? 63/69. The only seats left are wheelchairs. The 8:30 3D is only at 13/78 too.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

Proof from my theater that people hate 3D: The showing of BP 3D in 10 minutes has only sold 22/78 seats. The 2D show in 55 minutes? 63/69. The only seats left are wheelchairs.

Nice.

People hate 3D around here too. I love it, if done right. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Proof from my theater that people hate 3D: The showing of BP 3D in 10 minutes has only sold 22/78 seats. The 2D show in 55 minutes? 63/69. The only seats left are wheelchairs. The 8:30 3D is only at 13/78 too.

Same at my theater. 3D sold out over the weekend, but now it’s clear people would rather go with 2D if good seats are available. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Looking around Orlando, sales for tomorrow are super light outside of large formats. Today's sales have me thinking the drop will be around 45-50%, but tomorrow looks weak af.

How did it look today?

10 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

How did it look today?

Strong; tonight is looking PACKED at several theaters. Basically every 2D show at Disney Springs filled up about a third today, and the shows tonight are about 60-65% full in two 300 auds. and one 400 seater. The Dolby Cinema has been about 80% full all day, and dine-in shows are doing well (3D is only being offered at dine-in screens). Getting full on sellouts in auditoriums of that size during the week are impossible unless it's tourist season because Orlando isn't exactly sprawling with people like bigger metro areas, but BP basically sold out all the good seats in the daytime (not up front, not in the very back, and not next to the aisle).

As for my theater, the first 2D show and 6:15 evening show in the biggest auditorium were marked "Almost Full" by AMC. I'll do a full report for my theater in a little bit.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Thanks 2