That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

Paddington, Get Out and Mad Max Fury are all in the the top ten movies of all time.

it's a shit list no matter where they put BP.

The list never had any credibility.

I bet it's not even based on the average rating.

It’s based on an Adjusted tomatoscore that boosts movies with more reviews.  Therefore new well-received blockbusters will dominate the list because of the review mass.

• Like 1

Disney just reached #1 on the studios chart (thanks to its first movie of the year)

Given how Mary Poppins is going to do massive numbers next January and Episode IX will likely do the same the year after, I believe Disney could be the #1 studio until January 2021, and that's without anything from Fox. The others don't really stand a chance.

I grabbed 4 tickets to Dolby showing at AMC Georgetown within moments of them becoming available for Friday.  2 were taken before I started, 8 total when I finished.  Now, 4 hours later, 47/106 gone.  I fully expect it to be sold out aside from front row by morning

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

Disney just reached #1 on the studios chart (thanks to its first movie of the year)

Given how Mary Poppins is going to do massive numbers next January and Episode IX will likely do the same the year after, I believe Disney could be the #1 studio until January 2021, and that's without anything from Fox. The others don't really stand a chance.

If Comcast end up giving enough more for Fox maybe and if anti-trust law get in the way (they did try to buy Time Warner not so long ago and tried to buy Disney in 2004)...

12 minutes ago, Rumpot said:

I grabbed 4 tickets to Dolby showing at AMC Georgetown within moments of them becoming available for Friday.  2 were taken before I started, 8 total when I finished.  Now, 4 hours later, 47/106 gone.  I fully expect it to be sold out aside from front row by morning

Wow

6 minutes ago, a2knet said:

30 on tue makes 300 in 1 week all the more likely.

242 + 30 + 15 (-50%) + 13.5 (-10%) = 300.5

30? You speculating? Haven't seen any reports of that number. Anyway, it's not going to drop 50% on Wednesday. More likely scenario: 

25 (-38%)

17 (-32%)

16 (-6%)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

30? You speculating? Haven't seen any reports of that number. Anyway, it's not going to drop 50% on Wednesday. More likely scenario: 

25 (-38%)

17 (-32%)

16 (-6%)

Was speculating :P DP fell 41.5% on Tue 2 years back. BP could fall 30-35% imo. But yeah 30 (-25%) seems too optimistic.

• Like 1