That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

8 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Seems pretty good to me. But I'm still in the mindset that $260m total would be great for a Black Panther movie and here we are at $262m in 5 days. :o :)

30m was wishful thinking but I did expect at least 25m.

19 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Monday was about 103% higher than Deadpool's Monday. Similar performance on Tuesday would be $23.5 million. That would be a great result if it happens. Anything above that is amazing. 

When you consider that Deadpool legs (2.74) would push it at 550m, #7 biggest movie of all time unadjusted above Rogue One... , 135% of Civil War, it does not require much legs multiplier to be a crazy result (only need a 2.5 to enter the 500m club after all).

20M on a non summer/holidays weekdays.... Almost all non-IP live action movies outside horror/comedy/some giant budget still made would gladly take it for their complete opening weekend including previews.....

Edited by Barnack