That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

6 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Thor 2 sure. I didn't mind TIH back in 2008. Based on memories I'd probably put it above Ultron and Civil War too because at least it's not 4 hours long. I also enjoyed it more then than I did the first Thor and Ant-Man years later.

The Incredible Hulk isn't a bad film at all, it's weak compared to Iron Man but considering it was coming off the reviled 2003 Hulk, it was a massive improvement. 

TDW I don't mind but it was a troubled production for sure and people gave it benefit of the doubt.

1 minute ago, kitik said:

There's only so many Star Wars movies they can have in development at one point in time. This isn't like DC where they throw 50 different movie projects out there and we only end up getting 2 or 3 of them.

I don't think Lucasfilm will ever want to move to a 3-Star-Wars-movies-per-year schedule.

I imagine one film a year is their limit, DC and Marvel can a wide variety of characters and settings, Star Wars is a bit restrictive in comparison. 

BOP predictions and TCs: http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-overboard-truth-dare/

Truth or Dare: 23/47

Overboard: 14/39

Annihilation: 13.5/40 (-4/-20%)

Red Sparrow: 21.5/66 (-2/-4%)

Death Wish: 15/39 (+11/+15%)

Srangers: 6/13 (+50/+53%)

Hurricane: 5/12.5 (-17%)

Gringo: 4/10 (+33%)

Paul: 14.5/51 (+12%/-)

Blockers: 19/63 (-5/-6%)

A Quiet Place: 20/64 (+18/+7%)

Red Sparrow: 3,100

Death Wish: 2,800

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm curious as well, BP2 is a cert as is GOTG3 and Doctor Strange 2, it's the originals I'm wondering what it'll be. My guess is Fantastic Four in 2021 or 2022, Namor and something else, it's difficult to guess because they've used most of the ones I can think of.  

There's gotta be another female project beyond Captain Marvel, right? Or maybe even 2 or 3?

She-Hulk or Black Widow or maybe that female led A-Force movie we've heard a bit about.

Oh yeah, Kamala Khan could be a big hit too.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Deep Wang said:

It's not speculation, it is actual, numerical data from real presales that show that on the OW, it has sold more on Saturday and Sunday than CW and AoU.  This is already a clear sign of not being as front loaded.  

But sure, let's wait and see what happens.  I can admit when I'm wrong, can you?

Right okay. Maybe if you had explained that in the original post we wouldn't have had this confusion? 

I re-watched Incredible Hulk ahead of Thor: Ragnarok last fall. It's a serviceable action flick - no more, no less. It's just incredibly awkward to watch as part of the MCU because apart from the obligatory stinger (which is at the beginning of the credits for some reason - and was spoiled in the ad campaign) and William Hurt's return in Civil War, it doesn't feel at all connected to anything in the MCU.

Just now, kitik said:

There's gotta be another female project beyond Captain Marvel, right? Or maybe even 2 or 3?

She-Hulk or Black Widow or maybe that female led A-Force movie we've heard a bit about.

Oh yeah, Kamala Khan could be a big hit too.

She-Hulk I don't know because I think Universal has the distribution rights to anything Hulk related. 

I want Spider-Woman personally but that might require Sony to distribute. 

• Like 1

Using MCU Comps:

Thor: Ragnarok Type drops: 80.8m / 76.8m / 55.8m (213.4m OW)

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 drops: 82.9m / 75.5m / 57.6m (216m OW)

Captain America: Civil War drops: 76.1m / 61.7m / 42.8m (180.6m)

Thinking $195m+ is quite likely now

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

I'm curious as well, BP2 is a cert as is GOTG3 and Doctor Strange 2, it's the originals I'm wondering what it'll be. My guess is Fantastic Four in 2021 or 2022, Namor and something else, it's difficult to guess because they've used most of the ones I can think of.  

I'm not sure The Fantastic Four will used for a while. Maybe they'll show up as supporting characters in a future Marvel film or something. As for Namor, they apparently just got the rights back, so they may be waiting for the right time to use the characters, so maybe 2021 at the earliest. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BOP predictions and TCs: http://pro.boxoffice.com/long-range-tracking-overboard-truth-dare/

Truth or Dare: 23/47

Overboard: 14/39

Annihilation: 13.5/40 (-4/-20%)

Red Sparrow: 21.5/66 (-2/-4%)

Death Wish: 15/39 (+11/+15%)

Srangers: 6/13 (+50/+53%)

Hurricane: 5/12.5 (-17%)

Gringo: 4/10 (+33%)

Paul: 14.5/51 (+12%/-)

Blockers: 19/63 (-5/-6%)

A Quiet Place: 20/64 (+18/+7%)

Red Sparrow: 3,100

Death Wish: 2,800

I've seen a lot of ads for Death Wish lol. The Bruce Willis comeback begins (or not)!

9 minutes ago, the beast said:

Using MCU Comps:

Thor: Ragnarok Type drops: 80.8m / 76.8m / 55.8m (213.4m OW)

Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2 drops: 82.9m / 75.5m / 57.6m (216m OW)

Captain America: Civil War drops: 76.1m / 61.7m / 42.8m (180.6m)

Thinking $195m+ is quite likely now

Remember Sunday will act like a mini Saturday due to Monday being a holiday. So add like $10m+ to each of those

Edited by feasby007

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

I'm not sure The Fantastic Four will used for a while. Maybe they'll show up as supporting characters in a future Marvel film or something. As for Namor, they apparently just got the rights back, so they may be waiting for the right time to use the characters, so maybe 2021 at the earliest. 

By 2021 or 2022, it'll been 6-7 years since the 2015 FF movie. I do agree they'll be introduced in an earlier Marvel film then their own solo film. 

• Like 1