That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

Just now, aabattery said:

I've seen it now. Have you?

I thought not. I rest my case.

I’ve given the movie money though.  Paid for tickets but forgot to get a refund and it was too late to get one now.  And I’m seeing it tomorrow with Moviepass instead which means I’m giving the movie even more money.  And I’m in America where this films box office matters the most.

Have you paid for it twice?  Do you live in America?  No?  I rest my case

I must say I have never seen such a pathetic, half assed effort at an opening post for a major weekend thread.  

Where's the posters?  The humorous comments?  The harsh warnings about stepping out of line.

For shame @That One Guy

For shame.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

4 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Going to wait for Friday numbers before I get ethnic. I have no idea just how high the opening night demand is. This is a movie people have been waiting for for a long, long time.

Like many didn't really think a black President would happen 10 years ago, not many thought a major black-led superhero movie, set in Africa no less, would be real.

Jumanji's fun run is starting to die down, but looks like this'll pick things right back up.

Except it's going to increase this weekend!

• Like 1

Just now, DeeCee said:

I must say I have never seen such a pathetic, half assed effort at an opening post for a major weekend thread.  

Where's the posters?  The humorous comments?  The harsh warnings about stepping out of line.

For shame @That One Guy

For shame.

There goes TOG's (small) chance of becoming a mod. 

Just now, DeeCee said:

For shame @That One Guy

For shame.

Only mods can do that, and y'all missed your opportunity to start an early thread. Sad!

Just now, DeeCee said:

For shame @That One Guy

For shame.

Your fault for taking so long to make a weekend thread!  I know Australia has slow internet but come on at least try to show some effort

• Haha 2

Just now, Jandrew said:

What was the point of releasing the Uncle Drew trailer this week if yall aren't attaching it to BP? Better fit than something like Solo imo.

Theaters had no control over that one because Disney's requiring it; Uncle Drew could be at some showings, but we don't know for sure because ByDeluxe stopped releasing mixes to the public.

15 minutes ago, John Marston said:

Beauty and the Beast was March 

14 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

BATB was March

14 minutes ago, GadnukBreakerOfWorlds said:

Wasn't BATB in March? 

13 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

I don't know if anybody told you this, but BatB came out in March. 

13 minutes ago, KJsooner said:

Batb was in March.

11 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Hey, just thought I’d let you know that BATB came out in March

Too bad he edited his post.

This could've went on for 3 more pages.

• Like 3

I think this might have been edited into Deadline's initial post:

Other records being broken: Advance ticket sales continue to go wild over at Fandango with Black Panther now their fourth-biggest pre-seller of all-time behind Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. A few weeks ago, Fandango reported that Black Panther is their biggest superhero ticket-seller.

Note there is a margin of error when shooting from the hip this early. Tonight’s numbers could be much higher by morning. If Black Panther continues on this pace, it’s looking approximately at $65M for Friday (including Thursday), $161M over three and $180M-plus for four. Again, none of this comes from Disney.

If folks here are right, Deadline is in for a surprise.  Again. ;)

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

It was attached to BP at my theater

Oh well good! I want it in front of mine.

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Theaters had no control over that one because Disney's requiring it; Uncle Drew could be at some showings, but we don't know for sure because ByDeluxe stopped releasing mixes to the public.

I know it's a Disney pick, I'm just saying in general. Disney would be better off mandating Incredibles 2 or a Wrinkle in Time.